“Not friends of Baltimore Orioles”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Asked hotel several times if they offered shuttle to game. They all told me they did offer shuttle to Light Rail. Nobody ever told me the shuttle stopped at 10pm. The game was not over until after 10pm. It seemed like I bother hotel staff to get us back to hotel. Would not recommend this hotel unless changes are made.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeff D

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is my 4th time staying at the La Quinta Glen Burnie. We enjoy the stay and cruise option when sailing out of the Port of Baltimore because it is much cheaper than parking at the port. They offer a shuttle to and from the cruise ship.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I spent one day here between trips to catch up on some much needed sleep and it was the most restless stay I've had at any hotel. I was given a room with a connecting door. These always make me nervous, so I checked the lock to make sure I couldn't be walked in on. Good thing, because it was open on both sides and I could have entered the other room! I locked it on my end and when I checked to make sure the bolt was latched, I noticed that the door wasn't hung straight and even though it was closed, I could still peek through in the slats. I pushed the lounge up against it just for extra comfort and went to take a nap.

After maybe an hour I woke up to the sound of the door being rattled. Several loud men had entered the room next door and I could hear every word they said. Apparently they had rented my room the night previous and one of them thought they had left something on the bathroom counter. They were perplexed that the door was now locked and went into the hall and flagged down one of the housekeepers. I had locked the swing bolt and put the "do not disturb" sign on my door. The housekeeper should have noted that the room had been cleaned and was now occupied. Even so, he put his master key in the door and tried to open it without knocking. He was clearly startled when the door caught the swing bolt, but I was peeved. He then knocked and I rolled out of bed, peered through the peep hole, and asked what he wanted. I got nothing more than a mumble of an apology.

The men next door sounded to be coaches/dads of a sports team. They weren't shouting, yet I could hear every word they said, and could even tell that one was reading a newspaper. I desperately needed sleep, so I got dressed, went down to the front desk, and requested another room. The woman was very nice and said not to worry--the men had requested a late check out and would be leaving any moment. Since it was late in the day, housekeeping wouldn't get to clean the room until the next day so there was no chance anyone else could check in. I thanked her, went back up to the room, and within half an hour the men were gone and I fell back asleep.

A few hours later, I woke up to the sound of the connecting door being rattled again. I heard a couple talking. Again, not shouting, but just carrying on a normal conversation. They had just checked in. I was exhausted and this was the THIRD time I had been woken up by noisy neighbors. I went back to the desk and was pissed. The woman who had promised she wouldn't and couldn't check anyone into that room had done just that. She half-heartedly apologized and gave me keys to a room at the other end of the hall. I asked her how late I could check out the next day as I hadn't been able to get any of the rest I had planned on yet. She said she could give me a late checkout at 1pm at no charge.

I moved my things down the hall, put the "do not disturb" sign on that door, and locked the swing bolt. I was relieved that this room had no connecting door. I went to sleep, setting my alarm for noon. At 10:30am, I wake up to knocks on my door and a woman shouting "Housekeeping!" Peeved, I ignored her, hoping she would realize I was checking out late and go away. She didn't, tried opening the door, and continued knocking when the door was caught on the swing bolt. Clearly, she had not been informed of my late check-out request and was ignoring the sign I had hung from the door. I rolled out of bed, again peeved that I had been roused too soon. I told her I had a late check-out at 1pm. She mumbled an apology and left.

I went back to sleep yet again, certain that this would be the time I woke up on my own accord. Nope. At 11:30 I woke up to knocking on my door and a different voice shouting "Housekeeping!" I stayed in bed, shouted back that I was still here, but he attempted to enter anyway. Again, I got out of bed to explain that I had arranged for a late check out. He looked confused but said "okay," scribbled on his sheet, and I closed the door.

My flight was in the evening, so I had the rest of the day to spare. I had intended to spend it enjoying the city, but I was still so tired from my previous trip and all of the night's interruptions that I just wanted to sleep awhile longer---and this time wake up to my own alarm. I went down to the desk and the same woman was still there (how long was her shift???). She seemed annoyed to see me again, and asked what I wanted. I requested a later checkout as I still had not been able to get the sleep I wanted and needed because the late checkout note had not been communicated to the housekeepers and they ignored the "do not disturb" sign. She said I could stay until 4pm for a $40 charge, and after that I would have to pay the full night rate. I tried to negotiate with her, explaining how vital this day of rest was for me, how absurd it was to be woken up so many times by hotel employees, and how dishonest it was for her to promise the first room would be fine and then completely ignore her own words. Nothing. Refusing to give the establishment a single cent more than I had already wasted on a restless night, I left.

At check in, I was impressed with some of the perks of the hotel. The relationship with the Gold's Gym across the road alludes to the fact that the manager is proactive and wants the property to succeed, but poor staffing can ruin that in a heartbeat. Even if someone offered me a free night here, I would probably still pay to rest somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank AlwaysSunnyInTexas
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Guest

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have gone to this hotel a few times..always gave great reviews as to price and services and economical..but this visit was surprisingly not so good. Breakfast was bad..coffee urns almost empty..luke warm, hash brown tasted like freezer..to me i left them..and i love hash browns, the waffle machine was broken..the timer did not work..when i mentioned to staff they just looked perplexed and its hard when they do not understand english to know what the patron is asking ..anyhow..people were bypassing the waffles..pool area did not supply towels that i can see..cabinet empty and only 4 people around pool. I had no problem w/ the room which was clean and well supplied but to me this was surprising to seem to see this place go slightly downhill...

1  Thank DeeMD215

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and tell us about your experience.
It is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not the best this time but I assure you that the issues mentioned by you will be addressed

We appreciate your loyalty with our Hotel and your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Booked this room through Priceline. Advertised as three star, but not sure what this was based on. Room had good amenities, but needed replacement/updating. Saw a lot of maintenance personnel fixing various things. Free parking/airport shuttle is a nice bonus since most airport hotels charge extra for parking. Location felt a little seedy. I do not plan to return, but hotel is suitable for those looking for economy accommodations with full amenities.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Menak77

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I usually don't write these things but if I save one family with small children from staying here I will be happy. Our room was fine. Over priced but clean. The problem with this location is the pool. This location pool hours are 11am - 8. So if you have small children who get up early they will be waiting forever to get into a freezing cold way too deep pool. The area my kids 7 and 3 could be in was very small. It was only 3 feet deep for a little bit then it went to 5 feet deep then 9. There was a lifeguard there but if that is the reason for the horrible pool hours parents watch their children so open it up earlier or at least normal hours. I will not ever be staying at this location. We are loyal LaQuinta customers but this location will force us to choose a different hotel.

Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that our swimming pool hours did not seem adequate and we will certainly share your feedback in our management meeting. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The staff, accomodations and ammenities were excellent. Good location for short distance into D.C. There are various shopping and dining locations very close. Would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!