I’m a frequent traveler (over 2.5 million airline miles). I’ve stayed at good hotels, bad hotels and everything in between. But my recent stay at the LaQuinta in Glen Burnie, Md was one of the worst. The prepaid reservation was a package air fare/hotel deal made through Southwest Airlines Jackpot for my wife and me. The reservation had been made about three months in advance. When we arrived, the confirmed room had been given to someone else. The non-smoking, king size bed suite became a stinky smoking room with two double beds. After much arguing with a very limited English speaking desk clerk my wife and I got a non-smoking room, but still with only double beds. I discussed the problem the next day with the General Manager, got no satisfaction from him, and he refused to tell me the name of his supervisor or even who the LaQuinta franchise owner was. When I insisted, he hung up on me. The next night, we were moved to the room we had reserved. It had a few minor issues. The key cards worked inconsistently, the shower handle was loose and missing a screw. The ultimate insult came when we went to check out. The same desk clerk we had difficulty with when we checked in charged my personal credit card the entire “pre-paid” amount for the four night stay. We had little time to argue as we had a flight to catch. We departed with the charge still pending. I left my cell phone number to be called back by the manager. That didn’t happen but when I did call I was told the charge had been corrected.
With little recourse (remember the manager had refused to provide any escalation path) I contacted LaQuinta customer service. They did compensate us for the first night’s stay, offering a future free night rather than a refund. Of course that will require us to stay there again in order to collect. If you are looking for a satisfactory customer experience, I do not recommend this LaQuinta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South is a full service hotel located 6 miles of downtown Baltimore. Is the nearest and the cheapest hotel near BWI Airport. La Quinta is one of the affordable hotels in Baltimore which features 95 non smoking rooms along with all amenities and services. The hotel offers free high speed internet, fitness center, business services and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie Hotel Glen Burnie