We booked this hotel on a "park and cruise" package. The package included the room for the night before our cruise, breakfast, parking for the week and free shuttle service to and from the Port of Baltimore. The hotel was in a convenient location, was clean, well maintained and comfortable (though the elevator was making odd "hissing" noises). Breakfast was pretty good, as free hotel breakfasts go. They had eggs, which tasted real, waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, plus the usual breakfast drinks. I would say the only negative about the hotel itself was that the elevators were quite a walk from the front desk. It was far closer to walk to the other entrance through the parking lot but unfortunately, our desk clerk didn't mention that. We discovered it on our own after shlepping 7 overloaded bags all through the hotel.
I will warn you, though, that the shuttle service is highly exaggerated. They have one van, that they share with the Days Inn across the street. The "schedule" is very fluid. They make promises to anyone and everyone and there is no way they could possibly keep all the commitments. Our trip over to the port was fine, except there was another gentleman who had requested to go to the airport at the same time we were scheduled to go to the port. We had to wait until they returned from that trip. Our return, however, was not so smooth. They give you a printout with the phone number to schedule your return shuttle when you return from your cruise. I called the number, was told that the driver would be returning within 30 minutes and that we (party of 6) were next on the list. While we were waiting, two other parties arrived and scheduled their shuttle, which was supposed to be the one after ours. When the driver arrived, he was clearly told that my party of 6 was to be on the shuttle and the other 2 parties were to be on the one after. Unfortunately, the driver started loading the other parties' luggage into the shuttle and even when he was told it was the wrong party (by us and the front desk manager), he still continued. The other party got into the van and wouldn't leave. The driver wouldn't straighten out the problem and I was certainly not going to physically remove them so they were taken back to the hotel first. We ended up waiting almost 2 hours before we got back to the hotel. While the front desk (and eventually, the manager) were extremely apologetic, there is clearly a communication problem and an authority problem. None of the employees felt they had any authority to correct the problem.
While I would stay at the hotel again, I would definitely hestitate in relying on their shuttle service on the return trip. It is a fair distance and a cab would be expensive. There are other hotels which are closer that I would probably look at first. At least the cab ride would be less expensive if the shuttle didn't work out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South is a full service hotel located 6 miles of downtown Baltimore. Is the nearest and the cheapest hotel near BWI Airport. La Quinta is one of the affordable hotels in Baltimore which features 95 non smoking rooms along with all amenities and services. The hotel offers free high speed internet, fitness center, business services and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie Hotel Glen Burnie