La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
  • Breakfast included
$122
Fairfield Inn
$169
BWI Airport Marriott(Linthicum Heights)
$271
$259
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskcruise terminalroom was cleancruise packageshuttle servicebooked this hotelbreakfast barfree breakfastgreat place to staywould stay here againlight railinner harbordaniellabaltimorelqbwiaccommodations
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We were doing a consecutive cruise on Royal Caribbean and found La Quinta offered Cruise & Park. We are from NE Ohio and decided to drive to the port for our first cruise which departed April 2nd. Travel time for us was a little over 6 hours with a 1 hour stop for lunch and gas. The hotel is located directly off I-695 and was easy to find. We stayed two nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise. We left our car and it was untouched when we returned.

We found the hotel staff to be exceedingly friendly and helpful. Our room for both stays was spacious and clean and ready when we arrived and included a refrigerator and micro wave. Free WiFi was also available in our room. The daily breakfast that was included is wonderful, especially the "make your own waffle" machines. There was also scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes as well as cereals, yogurt and different breads. Orange, Cranberry and Apple juice along with coffee and tea was also available.

There is a free shuttle to the Port of Baltimore both for drop off and pick up of passengers. I would say that the drive time from the hotel to the port is approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic. When disembarking the ship, a call to the hotel alerted us as to when to expect the van. We waited approximately 20 minutes.

There are many wonderful restaurants and shops within 5 minutes of the hotel on Ritchie Highway and a Denny's right across the street. I highly recommend a stop at The Olive Tree for dinner located about 5 minutes from the hotel by car.

On our next cruise out of Baltimore, we will definitely make reservations at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cruisenfever
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed here recently for one night before catching a cruise out of Port of Baltimore. Got a package deal here that included the one night stay, breakfast, parking for the 12 days we would be on the cruise, and shuttle service to and from the Port. The price was right. The hotel was very nice and surpassed our expectations. The breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety of choices for a continentlal breakfast. Lots of guests present most of whom going on the cruise. This hotel was completely unprepared to shuttle the number of guests signed up for this service. I found that suprising since everyone had resverations in advance so how could they not prepare? The shuttle service offered by this hotel was atrocious. We booked our shuttle to leave at 10:30 a.m. Our "shuttle" did not leave until 12:30 pm and it was 4 of us stuffed into the manager's small compact car to finally get to the Port. Upon our return from the cruise, we called to be picked up and had to wait in the cold for almost TWO hours! Repeated phone calls to the hotel management got a different story each time. This was a nice hotel but would not stay here again due to the extremely poor shuttle service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieM55
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I recently stayed at this property due to a cancelled flight at BWI ($65 Nationwide rate). I was initially skeptical about the hotel b/c I have never stayed at a LaQuinta property before but I have to say the room was very clean, nice flat screen TV (no HD) and the staff was very accomodating. The down side is they only have one shuttle and I had to wait over 45 minutes for it to come pick me up at BWI and then in the morning I had to take a cab ($21) b/c shuttle does not start running until 8am.
If you are stuck at BWI and need a nice place or if you are driving on I695 and need a place to lay your head, this is a nice option. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2011

While this was a perfectly adequate hotel with a clean room and comfortable bed, I was appalled by the view of a cargo container of trash just outside of my window. When I told the clerk, he stated that they didn't know it was there. Really? A cargo container? Full of trash? Also the lobby smelled like cigarette smoke. Yuck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
dipenp, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

We apologize for the dumpster in our back parking lot. We had to place a dumpster there because of some renovation work going on in the Hotel and we thought it would be a better idea to keep the unwanted stuff in the dumpster rather than letting it sit on the floor. Also, all the public areas in the Hotel are non-smoking but sometimes guest smoke outside the lobby and walk in carrying the smell of smoke with them. We try and freshen up the lobby and other public areas as soon as we realize that there is smell of smoke. We will try and be more prompt in freshening up the area in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

My husband, myself and our trusty little dog stayed one night on our way home from N.Carolina. The reviews I read on "tripadvisor" were a great source as well as very accurate.This hotel has just been completely renovated and was very very nice. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast buffet was better than what most hotels of the same class has to offer. Rooms are big clean and modern....GREAT T.V.
This is a great pet friendly hotel.....the mattress has a heavy plastic cover on it, not so comfortable to sleep on.I understand why ...but I would have slept better if there was a decent padded mattress cover on it. Otherwise this hotel is a great petfriendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on upper floors...quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple