All reviews outdoor pool front desk pancakes pancake machine room was clean nice hotel free breakfast would stay again check in was a breeze the breakfast area room block just in case business area multi night stay within a mile radius convenient location we've stayed
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019

We stayed here for 3 days. The hotel is conveniently located off the highway and a 5-10 minutes drive from many restaurants and shopping malls. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful for the most part but the hotel is very dated. We were here on business and had it been our choice frankly, we would have chosen one of the other hotels in the area. The parking and breakfast buffet is free and the fitness room is well appointed. There is only an outdoor pool. The rooms are extremely small but do have a minii fridge and microwave. The bathroom was so small that you could touch the sink, shower stall and bathroom door from the toilet. I am very small in stature and the shower stall was so narrow I kept bumping my arm on the wall. Honestly, I do not know how a tall person, or an over weight person could take a shower. The price point with other hotels is very slight and would be well worth the additional money for more space.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Mar122
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

The staff is awesome. The lobby is nice and the staff is welcoming. Parking is plentiful and best of all its free. The hotel sits right off of exit 15 A on 270 N. Walmart, Target etc.. are within a 2-mile radius to include an abundance of restaurants.

The hotel its self is nice and clean. There are some minor things that need some maintenance, but not a deal breaker. Room shower pipes were little loose since had a small leak on the surface, closet door a little crooked and the lamp outlets are a little worn. My chargers wouldn't hold. First world problems. Again none of those are deal breakers as all the positives outweigh these minor things.
By the way, there is free breakfast. The gym is 24rs with a treadmill, elliptical and some dumbells. Enough to keep you in maintenance mode.

Free parking
Free Breakfast
Highway access
Stores and food within 2 miles
Awesome staff.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2018

Two nights, the breakfast was pretty good, with different egg dishes. The front desk staff was very helpful, but we did have issue with the room key not working. Othewise, it was an ok place to stay for a couple night.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2018

This time my stay was just as comfortable as before and the service was great. I needed to stay for one more night which was easily arranged but was not aware of the huge increased in price for the room. When ask the staff I was informed it was corporate policy to raise rates on a high value night or weekend. This is a corporate issue not a staff issue.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BarackS5, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hello Richard W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased your stay was very comfortable. We apologize for the hiccups on the rate as it fluctuates according to the demand. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

Safe travels

Barack Sam
barack.sam@bfsaul.com

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Convenient location with a well lit parking area - important for me! Check in was a breeze. The room and bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. My room was near the end of the hall and there was a party going on that I wasn't invited to! I didn't complain as they were clearly enjoying themselves so I just turned up the t.v.

The breakfast area was clean and well stocked but the food left little to be desired! The pancakes from the machine was the best thing there right behind the English breakfast tea bags!

Room tip: My preference is a lower floor several rooms down from the elevator
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank RoccoLoveBug

Hello RoccoLoveBug,

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you find our facilities clean and well maintained. We take pride and are obsessed about cleanliness and upkeep of the place. We hope to see you again soon!

Barack Sam