“Excellent Food and Reasonable Prices”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #5 of 149 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Magnolia Dr.
Transit: few minutes walk from the stop of 55 rideon.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is my favorite Indian restaurant around, and I have been to restaurants in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Frederick, and Virginia. The lunch buffet is fresh with lots of nice selections with hot tea and free mango lassis (during the weekdays only). For dinner, the appetizers are good and nice sizes - Papri Chaat is one on my favorites. I love the Malai Kofta and the Saag Paneer is the best with nice chunks of cheese and you can get it hot or mild (no spice). My husband loves the Salmon Tandoori and it comes with two big servings of salmon. It also has a most generous portion of fresh, sliced onion, but I think it would be a better if they sauteed it a bit. The bread basket is a good deal, and all their bread that you can buy is freshly made and hot. We like the garlic naan and the onion kulcha the best. The basket includes the onion kulcha. For free, they give you a thin, crunchy bread with pepper and green curry and a tamarind (sweet brown) dips.

They serve wine and beer and other cocktails. The mango lassi is always perfect and the masala chai is delicious.

For most nights, they have a buy 3 get one dinner free special. They have areas for large parties or a private one. They renovated the restaurant about a year ago, so it is more darker red and wood tones and looks more elegant now. The service is normally very friendly and good.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was very impressed with the Indian Palace and will definitely be going back again. The menu was an extensive offering of what I consider "mainstream" Indian food available in the US. The food was nicely presented and reminisced of the flavors I remembered from my trip to India. It was a great find.

The staff was very attentive and multiple servers catered to us during the evening to ensure we were happy & satisfied. I was very impressed with how clean the restaurant was...the exterior of the shopping center looks shabby. But, the interior of the restaurant was nicely appointed and the ladies room as immaculate.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We found India Palace to be a nice restaurant with good food at reasonable price. We typically go for lunch buffets and like the wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food options they offer, along with 2-3 types of desserts. We found the service to be good as well. The staff was very courteous and prompt in service.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great food and ambience. If you are in Montgomery county(maryland) this is the place to go for an Indian food. Sumptuous lunch Menu, great dinner menu and very good service. Its also a good place to carry out and even catering for office functions. Whether you are ordering a vegetarian menu or a non-vegetarian they are all prepared with a personal touch.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The atmosohere, food, service, FOOD...SO FAR BEYOND EXPECTATION. Love Indian food, crazy about India Palace. It's a wonderful environment, clean visually and to the discriminating nose, excellent service (thanks, Rabi!!), and the food is fragrant, beautiful, well timed, and out of this world. So grateful to have found this little jewel. We drove from Georgia for a conference. We might have driven the 10 hours just for the experience of India Palace, if we'd known!
This night made our trip. If we're ever anywhere near, we'll find a way to fit this restaurant into our plans.