“Standard Chinese Food”

Germantown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Standard Chinese Food”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

service is good but everything else is standard it would not Wow but not bad either. I would not recommend.

1 Thank drewster711

Germantown, MD
“Great food. Great service.”
Reviewed December 12, 2008

12/12/2008: I rarely order Chinese food in Germantown, near my home. The reputation of the Chinese restaurants in this area is not that good. But tonight, I decided to try the food at Old Shanghai Cafe - and man, am I glad I did!
First, the woman who answered my call was very pleasant.
Second, the delivery time was much less than the woman told me it would be (she said 40 minutes, but it only took about 25 minutes).
Third, the gentleman who delivered my food was truly delightful. Very friendly, outgoing, and was sure to wish me a Happy Holiday. I tipped him well.
And lastly, the food was excellent! I had the Wanton Soup (the broth was delicious), Spring Roll (very good), and Crispy Beef (excellent!).
So, if you're looking for a good place to get chinese food in Germantown, MD, I would definitely recommend Old Shanghai Cafe!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The fried rice is really...”
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The fried rice is really good!
It's a family owned business

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gaithersburg, MD
“My Favorite Chinese restaurant in Montgomery County!”
Reviewed April 20, 2008

I just love this place! You're always greeted with a smile, and they hurry to seat you. Very clean and a slight modern edge to decorating. I have been coming here for about 6-7 years now. I'm a vegetarian and I would recommend the vegetable steamed dumplings, the vegetable egg rolls are delicious, and the vegetable roll sushi assortment. The sushi assortment consists of 3 different rolls, a Japanese pickle roll, cucumber/avocado , and my favorite the sweet gourd and tofu roll. mmm! I've also heard the regular egg rolls are great, and the three cup chicken is supposed to be wonderful! If you ever are in the mood for a great lunch or dinner stop in there.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A little expensive would...”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

A little expensive would rather go to en for price

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook