“Good Food, miss old FD's in Kentlands” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 144 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food, miss old FD's in Kentlands”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I heard FD's was moving from Kentlands to Germantown awhile ago. I finally went last Sunday. I was expecting a themed restaurant with all the various woodwork and decorations - like the old Kentlands location. I was surprised to see this new FD's with an open "Sports Bar" setup. No woodwork, or decorations. It was very loud. The food and service was good. The average rating is for the designer's who turned Famous Dave's into a Sports Bar.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Scarsdale, New York
“What a difference from the old Gaithersburg location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wow !!!

A few weeks ago I had no choice but to really slam the old FD's in Gaithersburg here on TripAdvisor. It was awful so I resolved to find another BBQ outlet in the area and there are several. Being something of a fan of Famous Dave's though I got excited to find a new location in Germantown. I was there this past Wednesday night (9/25/13) and found out that the store had been open for exactly 3 days. Suffice it to say, I approached it with some trepidation as all experience has shown that the first month or so of a restaurant is usually sketchy at best.

Well, this store was crowded but I was seated within about 2 minutes - no problem there. While I sat and waited for a colleague, I sipped a beer and read a book. No push to hurry and order. No push to get up and let a complete party have the table. No problem at all from a very attentive wait staff.

On to the dinner itself. I had the burnt ends and ribs combo and my friend had the baby back rib plate. Both very very good. The ribs were falling off the bone tender and the burnt ends were as good as I've had at any FD's. I really like collard greens (pretty weird for a kid from Brooklyn NY) and FD's does them up really well. Bill liked the jalapeno mac 'n' cheese pretty well also.

I did have one issue though. The place is so new that not only isn't it in my Garmin's Points of Interest data base, the address was not found either. So, if you're unfamiliar with the area and use a GPS to navigate there look for address 20559 Seneca Meadows Parkway

FD's did the right thing by closing that old Gaithersburg store and I'm really glad to have found this one. I think I've found my "go to" barbecue place in the Gaithersburg/Germantown area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark B
Germantown, Maryland
“Decent BBQ, Poor Value at this Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I like Famous Dave's BBQ and will mention that this new restaurant has a great wait staff. Having said that, the visit was at lunch time, and the food wasn't worth the price I paid. I ordered a combination lunch plate for around $ 9.00. The combination consisted of two ribs, and a super small like 3 0z. of chopped pork on a slice of bread with one side of potato salad. My girlfriend ordered, a baked potato loaded and it had chicken on top. The amount of chicken was perhaps 3 oz. I know this much, the cost of these two meals were outrageous! Nine dollars for a potato with a few ingredients maybe cost the restaurant .75. My combo platter might have cost $1.25. I know know why the restaurant chain has problems with retaining customers. They simply give a guest very little value or quantity for their meals.
I won't return to this chain again.!!!

• Visited September 2013