My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Germantown, Maryland for one night on August 19, 2006. The property has a great location, right off I-270. Since I was attending a conference that would end at 11 p.m. at night, I had called and requested early check in, so that I could fall into bed later that night having had my check in done already. When I called, I requested that a note be made on my reservation. I arrived the Saturday morning to a scowling employee who stated that the hotel was full from the night before. Now, in my many years of travel and life experience, I’ve learned that it’s not what you say, but how you say it. Faced with her scowling face and unpleasant attitude, I decided I would stick to my guns in knowing when my room would be ready. They wouldn’t give me a time until I demanded one. So I decided to wait in the lobby until my room was ready. Eventually, after a 45 minute wait, a supervisor relented and offered me a suite for the price of my standard room. A nice gesture that I appreciated.
My suite on the 2nd floor faced the parking lot but it was extremely quiet – except for the air conditioner which was very loud. What a gorgeous suite! It was a one bedroom with 2 TVs, MP3 player and DVD. My suite had a huge, clean, bright, bathroom, as well as a microwave and mini fridge. Extremely comfortable bed with nice white sheets that smelled great and had no bugs (see a prior review from another reviewer.) There was great lighting in the living room area which also had a sofa and a writing desk and chair.
The hotel itself looks very new. It offers after-hours access via your room key card. The lobby area was very clean and welcoming with a computer set up on one side for guest use. The vending areas were very clean and well lit. There were coin laundry facilities on my floor. I’m not sure if they were available on every floor.
The hotel offers a free continental breakfast on the first floor which my husband ate and was pleased. I’m not into sweet pastry, so my friend and I ate at the IHOP across the parking lot – one of the cleanest IHOPs I have ever visited. Anyway, there are several restaurants in the parking lot and across the street like Red Robin, Chic Fil-A, Jasper’s, Carrabas. A movie theater is across the street as is a pharmacy.
All in all, I would likely stay at Fairfield in the future. Unfortunately the wonderful suite and amenities were overshadowed by the scowling employee on my arrival. I however, have no problems recommending this property as a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Germantown, Maryland hotel, newly renovated in 2016, is approximately 30 miles from major Washington, D.C./Baltimore airports Ronald Reagan National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport and Baltimore Washington International Airport and is easily accessible off of I-270 via exit 15B. Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg features free WiFi and on-site parking. Each guest room is furnished with a work desk, TV, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Enjoy complimentary hot breakfast each morning and free coffee anytime in the lobby. The indoor pool, hot tub and fitness center are readily available, as well as a business center and laundry room. Centrally located, our hotel in Germantown is a 5 minute walk to the Department of Energy and restaurants, such as LongHorn Steakhouse, IHOP and Green Turtle. Travel to Washington, D.C. with the Shady Grove Metro Center 5 miles away. We're also near Germantown attractions Black Rock Center for the Arts & Discovery Sports Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg Hotel Germantown
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
- Fairfield Inn Germantown
- Fairfield Germantown
- Germantown Fairfield Inn