“Above and beyond”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I spend about 40 nights a year in hotels, with approximately 30 in Marriott branded hotels. My laptop had trouble getting connected thru the firewall at the Fairfield Inn Germantown/Gaithersburg. It turns out that my Internet Explorer got corrupted and could not execute properly. The hotel manager, Danielle Hedden and another hotel staff member were excellent! They invested an hour assisting me. They rebooted their internet, provided me with a version of Mozilla Firefox and had their remote IT support team let me bypass the firewall. They went above and beyond what I've ever seen.

In addition to this, the hotel location is great. It's a few blocks off I-270 and you can walk to a few restaurants within the same parking lot and shopping area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BRK821
Danielle H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

It is our pleasure to serve you while visiting Germantown MD. We appreciate the opportunity and thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is in a good area-- several restaurants within walking distance (shares parking lot with Longhorn, Red Robin, and IHOP, there's a Rite Aid across parking lot, and other restaurants across roadway including fast food-- Chick Fil-A).
Staff helpful, single serve cereal, fruits, pre-packaged/refrigerated sausage biscuits for breakfast but they DO have a waffle maker.
Reduced rating by 1 star as the beddings for the pull-out sofa seemed not to have been changed from previous customer-- there were two strands of long hair in same and the pillow seemed to be used. Had the kids use a pillow off the king bed and cover with the blankets.
I'm giving the hotel cleaning staff the benefit of the doubt and figuring that whoever used the pull-out sofa beforehand re-packed the beddings/staff was unaware.
Fairfield is usually lower on the Marriott totem pole to Residence Inn, but this hotel is in a much better area and have a better "feel" than the other hotels in Gaithersburg (in my view).
ENJOY!

Room Tip: If with family, get the King Studio with sofabed-- it has the pull-out sofa and two TVs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FLhubbyandpoppy
Danielle H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our surroundings. We apologize for the sofa bed, but I have made our team aware of the issue. Thank you for letting us know. Please come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stay here at least 2x per month on business and the staff is great. Paul always greets me with a smile, welcome back and we have your room on the 2nd floor ready...even remembering that I like points.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We are so glad you enjoy your stays with us, and the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for choosing to be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

After 4 days without power, I was ready for some air conditioning. Staff was friendly & efficient.
For less than $100, my wife & I got a good night's sleep and a decent breakfast. Swimming pool was the size of a postage stamp, and someone at headquarters needs to figure out a way to recycle more of the breakfast waste. Without asking, got a room with a view of Sugarloaf Mountain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

We felt so privileged to be able to help local families during the power outages within our area. Thank you for bringing the breakfast waste to our attention, and so happy that you had a comfortable nights sleep. Please keep us in mind if ever you need anything in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stay here frequently while visiting nearby family and have never been disappointed. The hotel is, as others have said, the budget Marriott, but that doesn't really do it justice. Everything you need is here, it's clean and comfortable, and the staff is outstanding. In particular the front desk staff us always gracious and helpful, and Paul remembers the guests by name. In fact, this trip he asked about my nephew who was with me on my last stay over a month ago. There are restaurants adjacent to the Fairfield and more restaurants and shopswithin a very short distance . I would recommend this hotel to anybody without reservation ( pun intended).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting your family. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next family visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Upon arrival at the hotel, i was greeted by a very pleasant employee (Alex). He gladly answered all my questions in a professional and courteous manner. Throughout my stay, Alex
continued to be friendly and assisted in any and all questions I had. (and I did have numerous questions) If all employees exemplified Alex's wonderful characteristics, staying "away from home" would be an awesome and enjoyable experience.
Kathy Wootten

Room Tip: all rooms are clean, comfortable and Alex again was a pleasure
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for positive feedback about your experience here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown. Alex is a great team member and exemplifies the definition of service. We strive to provide all of our guests this experience of home away from home. Thank you again for staying with us and come back to visit.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stay here quite often for business. I am a Marriott Platinum member so tend to stay in Marriotts whenever possible. The Fairfield is the budget version of Marriott. Plastic glasses in the bathroom, styrofoam cups for coffee. No frills.
Still, this hotel is clean and comfortable and the suites are good sized with refrigerator and microwave.
This hotel is adjacent to several nice restaurants so you don't need to drive for dinner. You will also get a 10% discount at some of the restaurants. It can be noisy in some rooms due to the nearby bars.

Stayed: March 2012
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Danielle Hedden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
HYATT house Gaithersburg
HYATT house Gaithersburg
#3 of 15 in Gaithersburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!