“Outback improves upon itself!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #107 of 148 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently, we took our family of 5 to Outback in Germantown, MD. We have a son, 14 years old, and two daughters 12 and 8 years old. We don't usually eat out here because of our tight financial budget, but we figured that we deserved a good steak and bloomin' onion again.

Our waiter was very attentive and helped us right away. Our food was served promptly and timing was perfect between drinks, appetizers and entrees. Both my steak and my son's burger were a bit too "rare" when we asked for medium. Our waiter took care of it immediately and we had our food back within 8 minutes....at which time the kitchen has also given us another fresh baked potato on each of our meals.

The manager came around and asked how our dinner was and we told her about the slight problem. She was very apologetic and made sure that the rest of our meal was perfect (i.e. refilling our sodas, bringing out fresh bread).

Thanks for a great experience!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Outback restaurant had very good service and food! We asked to move because there was cold air blowing on us and they let us choose our new location. Then my filet was a little underdone so they cooked it a little longer for me. The manager brought it out himself and gave me an extra serving of vegetables with it. The filet was delicious. The server was very attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We love Outback Steakhouse and in finding this location, it's been back and forth. However, most of the staff is pleasant and very helpful. Sometimes though, especially the busier they are, you can get subpar food and spotty service. However, on the right day, they are excellent in every way, service, food and attention to detail.

Give them a chance though, they work hard and we can see them making improvements.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited the Outback Steakhouse to celebrate a birthday. Since we had 8 people, there was a big array of different food at the table. We had a couple of appetizers for the table - calamari and quesadilla. We also got the caesar or the house salad - very nice. Several of us ordered the filet, one ordered salmon, 1 ordered rack of lamb, and one added on some lobster. Everyone enjoyed their meal, including the sides. The sweet potato with butter and cinnemon is sooo good. We shared 2 desserts for the table. The server, Carina, was so friendly and helpful. A group of servers came over to sing "happy birthday". It was a delightful, fun experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have eaten at this particular Outback a handful of times and have never been enthusistic about the food. The most recent time I journeyed to Outback, I was certainly served a steak that had been drying out under a heatlamp. It was so bad I could not eat it. For a good steak in Germantown head down the street to Long Horn!