“Local Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
“Local Italian”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We live close and it's our go-to place for Italian food. They have always treated us great and the food is delicious. Their recent renovations, I think, are lovely.

Visited September 2013

Damascus, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Carrabbas dinner”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

food quality slipping a little, but newly remodeled restaurant was very cozy. Convenient to our hotel!!

Visited September 2013
New Mexico
“Mix of good and bad”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had dinner there a few nights ago while on a business trip. Service was slower than I would expect but not really bad. I had calamari that was really excellent - crisp but not oily, and very tasty. The lentil soup with sausage was good, although a little salty to my taste. The lasagna was the real disappointment! In fact, I have never had lasagna that was chewy - the cheese was dry, and it was only slightly warm, not hot inside. It lacked flavor, as if they skimped on tomato sauce and other seasonings. Maybe I'll try something else next time, but I'll stay away from the lasagna!

• Visited August 2013
“Not as good as it used to be - disappointing used to love going”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Went to dinner Sunday night because we had a coupon. Was very disappointed on a few levels. First they didn't have the sirloin Marsala. I got the trio and instead of the sirloin I got the salmon, the manicotti and a pasta dish. The pasta was warm at best and I didn't like the sauce. The salmon was a little over done. The manicotti was good. We also had the salmon and scallops. That pc of salmon was better but the scallops were so small not like the big ones you get at Bone Fish but they were pretty good. Also the waiter was nice but he should have come over to fill our water glasses without us asking. They used to do that. Also the side/house salad was so small it used to be a much nicer portion where you could share. It was a very small portion and it was $5.00. Definitely not worth that price for the portion. It was not busy and the waiter was supposed to put the sauce on the side on the scallops and it came with the sauce on the scallops. We haven't been their in a long time and we had the coupon but we used to go their without a coupon. They never used to have any coupons because they were so busy. I guess they need the business now and I can see why. I think the portions are smaller and the food is not what it used to be. I'm very disappointed as this used to be one of my favorite restaurants. I think management needs to go back to how they ran the business when they first opened.

1 Thank mc2559
Germantown, Maryland
“Where to go if You don't mind not getting what you pay for!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My first visit to Carrabba's Italian Grill, and my last one! I decided to give this restaurant a try, it was a big mistake! First, the waiter came back after we ordered an appetizer and said the kitchen burned the appetizer. We ordered the triple choice for $ 15.00, the so called special consisted of a side salad, and I could pick three different italian food choices or a steak and two other pasta choices. I ordered the steak with mushrooms, lasagna and fett, alfredo. The portions were so small, ( 3-4 oz each). For !5.00, I felt they platter was worth maybe Four bucks. The salad ordered was a Caesar's, (it was Nasty tasting) the waiter replaced that for me. The replacement salad with a different dressing wasn't much better either. To sum things up, I felt ripped off! The food wasn't worth what I paid for it, nor was the steak cooked the way I asked for it! I have to wonder, how my fellow reviewers could say that this is a Good place?? I should have gone to Pizza Hut, the quality and quantity of their pasta dinner is much better than this restaurant! Never ever going back.!!

1 Thank Larry20874