“Crazy about Carraba's”

Dining options: Reservations
Solomons, Maryland, United States
“Crazy about Carraba's”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We decided on Carraba's for a birthday celebration and were not disappointed on any level. The waiter was superb and constantly attentive. Food was delicious and served piping hot to a large gathering. Restaurant was visually appealing and well laid out. I would have never guessed it was a chain. Everything was done well without exception!

• Visited November 2012

Cumberland, Maryland
“Best Carrabba's”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The service was excellent and it was entertaining to watch the managers in the kitchen area. They run the kitchen like I have never seen other than Chef Ramsey on television.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tony L
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Better than previous visit”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am giving Carrabba's, in Germantown, 3 stars. The previous time I was here, a few months back, I would've rated it lower, due to the server I had. That, and the fact that I had to tell the manager that in addition to a very rude waitstaff, that the veal had a lot of gristle.

However, tonight, was a different story. First of all, there was going to be a 15 minute wait, for a party of 1, due to how busy they were. And, when I left after eating, there was a line as well. But, the helper hostesses told me about the 'pasta bar' and if I wanted to sit back there, or at the bar, there was no wait-time. One of the hostesses took me back there and showed me. What a treat! You get to sit and watch them prepare pizzas and the other food. Plus, dining alone, I got to chat w/the other people seated there.
My server, Nikki, was very nice, told me about the new items on the menu, and actually recommended the entree I ended up ordering. She was busy, but the food came out in a timely manner.
Food was tasty. I ordered a new dish, the Chicken Marscapone, and it is my new favorite there; delicious sauce!
So, for me, a better visit this time.

• Visited July 2013
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Expected More for the Advertising Budget”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you're like me you've probably heard dozens of commercials for this particular chain. I've eaten at lots of chain Italian places and we all know how they compare with local mom-n-pop places run by real Italians. Nevertheless, I'd heard decent "buzz" about Carabba's and thought it might be a cut above. Additionally, we had around $70 in gift cards so I figured, "what the hey?"
The food was pretty run-off-the-mill; reasonably seasoned and decent sized portions. The fish chowder (soup-of-the-day) was good, but suspect that was locally created. They used WAY too much dressing on the salads (especially when we ordered it dressing on the side).
In the end, I probably won't go back here. Not because it was bad, but because I didn't get anything that excited me or made me crave this particular establishment. Chain Italian places are ubiquitous; for them, being average just isn't good enough.

• Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Italian food with open kitchen to watch!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Over the years I have eaten many meals at this restaurant and I particularly like their veal parmigiana. This is one of those restaurants everyone can find something they like and groups are accommodated easily. A vegan acquaintance likes how the chefs always seems willing to prepare non-vegan dishes to suit her needs. While not a gourmet Italian restaurant it is a definite crowd-pleaser especially for families.

Visited September 2012