Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Germantown, MD
“A Poor Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

My fiance and I recommended two different hotels to our out of town guests for our wedding. Most of the guests chose the Homestead because of the pricing and the fact that it was an extended stay hotel (having a kitchenette). This turned out to be a poor choice for most. Problems started with my parents calling the hotel the day before arrival to confirm that an early arrival would be acceptable and that they would be able to check in a few hours early, before 3:00 PM (but not grossly early). They were told that would not be a problem, so they planned their trip accordingly and arrived around 1:00 PM with items that needed to be refrigerated. They were turned away and told they could not check in until 3:00. From well over half of the guest rooms that I heard comments from, the rooms were quite dirty (white socks did not stay white for long) and there were numerous problems with refrigerators and bathrooms. Other guests confirmed when booking that they were to have either two beds or a pull-out couch, but did not have these available in their rooms. What is a family supposed to do in this situation? All other rooms in the hotel were booked and people were forced to sleep on the floors (which as stated earlier, were not the cleanest). I personally felt quite embarrassed to have even mentioned this place as a recommended hotel on my invitations to the wedding and would not recommend this place to anyone in the future. Spend the extra $10-20 a night and stay at one of the other hotels in the immediate area.

• Liked — price, location
  • Disliked — dirty, lack of honesty guests when booking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank disappointed20
DcWatcher, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Germantown. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Easton, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

Sucked into the vortex of an inexpensive room and paid the price in disgusting discomfort. The plug to the tub was broken, there was mold along the top of the tile near the ceiling. No room service or extra towels without a charge of $3 per day (at $90 a night, the bed should be made daily and the towels replaced when needed without charge). The bathroom had one facial soap and one bath soap, no shampoo or other amenities. The room smelled, the TV remote didn't work, and there were cigarette burns everywhere in a room designated as a non-smoking room. The front desk service was limited due to only one person being on duty and frankly, was overworked, trying to answer phones, processing new arrivals, and dealing with requests from those persons already staying there. The exterior of the property is seemingly well-maintained, but deceptively conceals the likelihood of something wrong within.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank geogib

Eustis, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

Booked two rooms for two nights each - one with two double beds and one with a king bed. We got neither; instead both rooms had just a double bed. I found out after we checked out that my son slept on the floor because the double bed was not big enough for him and his older sister. Both stairs in the 200 building were filty with lots of old cigarette buds. You can tell the cigarett buds have been there a long time. Seems like most of the people live there as there was an aweful amount of cigarette ends everywhere.The rooms are basic --a bed, a few very hard towels, cheap bed sheets and nothing to write home about. You have to turn in a towel before you can request another clean towel(s). We had to ask for shampoo and soap. You basically need to go to the supermarket first before checking in at this location as there's not even paper towel or soap in the rooms.

• Liked — close to our event location;close to walmart, food nearby
  • Disliked — dirtiness, room service, towels, linens, lack of basis necessities like soap and shampoo
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank morningstr2
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Germantown. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being ""free"" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

South Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

We arrived under tense circumstances. We had reserved a block of rooms for our school at the local Extended stay america at Germantown and they found a few rooms for us at this location. The staff was helpful in getting us in our rooms after having waited almost 2 hours to get a room that they had given away! After all the paper work and payment of rooms we were told that there would be no maid service or housekeeping during our stay. As a bonus, if you wanted clean towels you had to bring your towels to the office in the morning and they would launder them for you to pick up in the evening! I knew already this would not be as pleasant of a stay as it could have been. The room was dirty. Trash piled up in the corner of the room. Food spills on the eating bar and counter. The microwave was dirty with food as well. We did not use the stove top because the pans were dirty and even though we washed them they still had a sticky film on them. I had to clean the room surfaces myself before I would let my 5 children in the room. I just wished they would have had a vacuum to further clean the room. The rooms also smelled of some terrible air deodorizer?! I requested a smoke free room and this was clearly a smoking room odor and right down to the cigarette burn stains on the counter tops and burns in the floor. Don't go for cheap, look else where. In this case you get what you pay for.

• Liked — refrigerator
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank paloevans

Washington, D.C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

If you absolutely need a kitchenette (the only feature this hotel has that you wouldn't find in a regular hotel), I guess this hotel is your best bet. But given that you can stay in a regular buget hotel for about the same price, I think it makes sense to do that.

My room didn't have any major problems, but it was a little on the shabby side. For the price, though, it's acceptable.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Girlgoingplaces

Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2008

I just recently stayed at this hotel. I asked specifically for their 'best' room and that I had two requirements. Quiet and clean.

Neither requirement was met. The room was dirty with ciggarette ash everywhere (I'm a non-smoker), and the bathroom appeared that it had not been cleaned.

The room was right by the highway and the refridgerator in the room was very loud and noisy.

Avoid this place, there are other hotels close by that are much nicer for the same price.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank britzombie

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2007

I helped a friend check in here after spending the night at a Woodfin Suite Hotel in Rockville. Her company had her moved in order to save a little money, and it was definitely a "downgrade." However, it was very clean! Her company was only paying $65/night, so you can't expect a Hilton!

This hotel has three buildings with two floors each. They are simple rooms, smaller than those of their sister properties, ExtendedStay America. They have queen beds and fairly large closets. The kitchens are simple, but well stocked with a toaster, coffee maker & kitchen essentials. There is a small pantry for your items as well as two or three empty kitchen cabinets. The bathroom is small with some mildew stain in the grout, but it looked clean.

If you want a clean room at a good price, it's not a bad deal. Just don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room if you are claustrophobic!

• Liked — It's only $5 for wireless internet for your entire stay!
  • Disliked — It's very simple...not bad, but simple.
  • Stayed November 2007
1 Thank MrsKruse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Property: Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Address: 20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)
Location: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Extended Stay, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Germantown Hotel Germantown