New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Germantown
“We had an unpleasant stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The A/C wasn't working on our first night. We called the service desk for help and they couldn't fix it. We had to sleep without the air conditioning on the first night. We didn't have a good sleep. The room was so hot and smelly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Kevin,

After reading your review, I wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room had issues with its air conditioning; I understand how that would be frustrating in this heat. We are currently in the midst of a renovation and our air conditioning units are one of many areas that we are focused on improving. I realize this does not change the experience that you had, however, I want you to know that we are making these changes based on the feedback of our valuable guests, like yourself. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtn2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you, again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. As a regular customer who travels to MD very often, I always choose to stay at Germantown Homestead Studio Suites. Its located right off exit 15 on I270. There are several plazas around within walking distance and it makes dining and shopping with no worries. The property is quite with plenty parking space, free internet, morning coffee and morning refreshment. Staff here are extremely friendly, front desk staff Brock and Brandy were attentive and friendly, they checked me in and they even remembered which room I stayed before. I will definitely stay here again. Nice place to stay, this hotel makes you feel like a home away from home:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the free WiFi. We are so pleased to hear that our location met your needs and our staff made you feel at home.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel was very dirty but that chick Brandy there's something wrong with her head all that color number one she looks like a chicken/man I don't know rather to call her sir or miss she's way to loud and her nails are just way to much.Anyway amena is who I would go to her voice is sweet and soft and she has always gave me a welcoming feeling

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Germantown hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My favorite front desk staff worker was Brandy, she was extremely attentive and helpful. Brandy kept my spirits up during a difficult time in my life. Her jokes are hilarious!! I would definitely stay here again especially because of how comfortable Brandy made me feel. The rest of the staff was great but Brandy was my favorite!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoy your stay here and that Brandy took such great care of you! We strive to provide all our guests with the best service possible. Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at Homestead Studio Suites for two months for an internship. The service has been great. Whenever I needed assistance with anything there was always someone available. Brandy checked me in and continued to check up on me throughout my stay. Dawn was also available when I had any questions or needed anything. When I stayed there they were undergoing multiple upgrades such as new mattresses, flat screen tvs, and grab and go breakfast which all have been great additions to the hotel. The hotel is located close to many restaurants, the movies, cooperation's, and even a gym(Planet Fitness).The only thing I can say I did not like about this hotel is that they didn't have a gym or a pool. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in Germantown for a long period of time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that Dawn and Brandy took such good care of you during your stay. I am glad that our location and recent room upgrades met your needs. We truly enjoyed having you visit and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband just got out of a Nursing/Rehab facility and not able yet to climb the 3 flights of stairs to our condo, so we are staying at the Homestead Suites until he builds up his strength and endurance. All the employees at Homestead have been SO helpful and accommodating! We HIGHLY recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ive been a residence at Homestead Studio Suites for sometime now. I have recived explemiary service from top to bottom. Let me thank the following people personally for the above and beyond service that’s been proveded… Brandy, Brock, Amena and Dawn. There has not been a problem thats to big or to small & service is very prompt. The rooms are cozy and everything you need is in walking distance…. Movies, restuarants, gym and grociey store. Great service… Great value and Great location..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so happy we were able to make you feel at home. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 394 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Property: Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Address: 20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874-1179 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)
Location: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Germantown Hotel Germantown