“Always reliable”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
bethesda, md
“Always reliable”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

While this restaurant is near and dear to my heart (I got married here when they first opened up), the food and service are always reliably good. We recently had dinner with another couple here this past weekend and despite the fact that the restaurant was busy, our service was excellent. We hadn't seen our friends in a while, so we really wanted to catch up and we never felt rushed and the timing of our courses and drinks were terrific.

We live in the neighborhood and can walk, but rarely go. Even if you aren't in the neighborhood this is worth the drive!
We also look forward to eating at Black Market Bistro and look forward to going back!

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Rome, Georgia
“Charming restaurant, charming location”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Food is good, selection is great, and its ambience in Kensington's old Post Office is lovely. Next to an old train station and in the middle of one of the Washington area's most elegant Victorian neighborhoods.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The only thing that could make this place better is if you could get a cocktail. But then again, maybe the beer and great wine list is part of what makes this place special. Whether you sit at the bar and spit a pizza and great burger or sit and have a more substantial dinner, the place is always great. Service friendly, servers knowledgable, and menu varied and guaranteed to have something to please. Easy to park in Old Garrett Park and nice to be away from the crowds

• Visited July 2013
Washington, DC
“Dinner is excellent”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is my go-to place for lunch with my best friend. We eat here at least three times a month. Crusted oysters and the octopus salad make my taste buds melt every time.

However, rarely do I go for dinner. Last night, took the HUB who wanted to know what I was raving about. He had the hanger steak - cooked to perfection. And I, who only eat fish out, had the most perfect rainbow trout ever! Seriously, I have eaten trout across the world, and this was the best plate I've had. Period. A crispy outside, succulent inside with a most interesting sweet and spicy pepper sauce on the side. I had to go into the kitchen to compliment the chef. We've eaten multiple times at Black Salt - so I do know that the group knows how to buy fish.

The dining room is lovely, the wine was surprisingly good for a limited selection - try the Yangarra red! - and our server, Jessica, was a delight. The HUB looks forward to returning - and yay, I won't have to cook!

• Visited August 2013
College Park, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The oysters are outstanding! The pizza was also very delicious. The menu offers other meals that are mouth watering. It is so wonderful when you know that your food will be fresh and cooked with love.

• Visited August 2013