“Worst dining experience in a decade”
Review of Kaufmann's Tavern - CLOSED

Kaufmann's Tavern
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 175
Description: Kaufmann's Tavern a Maryland Landmark since 1937, Kaufmann's specializes in the freshest and finest seafood as well as our signature steaks and pasta dishes. For years Kaufmanns' has been famous for the best hard-shell crabs in Maryland, featuring our enormous "Monster Crabs". Patio Season is here and we are ready, come join us on our outdoor patio for great food while enjoying the beautiful weather or cozy up to our outdoor waterfall bar for drinks and appetizers. On chilly nights, have cocktails next to our outdoor fireplace. There is live music on the patio Wednesday through Saturday And six outdoor TV's to catch all the action. The patio at Kaufmanns has quickly become the hot spot and local gathering place, so come check it out. If it is crabs you are looking for, Kaufmann's is the place. We serve the bast hard shell crabs all year round. Kaufmann's is now featuring its new small plates menu. This menu offers small portions of many new delicious appetizers.
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I called to make a reservation for Saturday dinner based on the web dining room menu. When we arrived, the dining room was reserved for a party (something we had not been told earlier in the day when I called for a reservation). As a result, we were given a table in a sports bar setting, complete with TV's, noisy kids, etc. Of course, the dining room menu was available at dining room prices, just without the dining room elegance or setting. My companion ordered the 8 oz fillet mignon, medium rare. After an hour of waiting, our entrees finally arrived - the steak was the color and texture of cardboard, all the way through - not a hint of pink, let alone red. My advice is avoid this place like the plague!

Reviewed September 1, 2010

Former customer since I am from the area. Always good dining. New owners have been a disappointment. Several visits have been poor. Service was very good! I wish the food was up to the quality of the former owners and the drinks were still resonably priced.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

Went here for my birthday; seafood was very good, especially the cream of crab soup. Wife had a lobster as Mondays have a Lobster Special. Definitely had a lot of privacy, photos on the walls could be purchased. There is a bar side of the restaurant for those who want bar food in a more casual atmosphere, as well as a dining room side for a quieter lunch or dinner. There is also a military discount. Overall, I would recommend.

Reviewed February 7, 2009

I like big meals and good food. Kaufman's Tavern is my kind of place, large portions, I get two meals out of their one, three out of their Prime Rib.

The waitstaff is excellent and the atmosphere is great. I live an informal life but every now and then, I like dining in style.

Highly recommended!!!!

2  Thank hawaiianguy
Reviewed February 7, 2009

A great place for Crabs, cream of crab soup, and prime rib. Kaufmann's is still one of my favorite restaurants when I am visiting friends near Annapolis Maryland. It's a little out of the way but well worth the trip. My special was Prime Rib Chesapeake, a wonderful new dish with excellent prime rib and crab imperial. The tavern section of the restaurant is a frequent haunt of the locals and reminds me of that television show "Cheers". Great place for locals and travellers alike.

2  Thank ElizabethQ46