“Finally Made it to Fat Boys!”

Fat Boys Crab Shack
Ranked #8 of 83 Restaurants in Gambrills
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
Annapolis, MD
“Finally Made it to Fat Boys!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I pass by this establishment every evening on my way home from work. The place is always packed with cars and patrons are flowing everywhere. Thus, I've never wanted to fight the crowds for service. But yesterday (Saturday) afternoon my husband and I passed by this restaurant and saw that there were just a handful of cars outside, so we decided to stop for lunch. What a treat! First of all, the cream of crab soup was delicious, though not as thick as I'd imagined. It didn't matter, though, because the soup had a generous helping of crabmeat with a hint of sherry flavoring. My husband's Maryland crab soup was spicy and tasty. Our shrimp salad sandwiches were out of this world with generous chunks of well-seasoned shrimp. My boardwalk fries were o.k., but the potato salad side my husband ordered was homemade and delicious. Fat Boys is absolutely no frills...paper and plastic everything. Truly a great first time experience!

• Visited September 2012

“Sooooo Delicous”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Friendly staff. Husband ordered the chicken wings in medium. They were meaty and so tender. Perfect! I ordered the fire shrimp & it was some of the best shrimp I've had in a long time. This is officially a regular spot for us for now on. The person who helped us was Matt. Really nice and friendly guy. They have a really down to earth atmosphere & an awesome outdoor patio area. Nice place to get some great food & just relax.

Perdido Key, Florida
“Great Crab Shack in the Traditional Sense”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Eating crabs should never be a "table cloth" type of experience, unless that table cloth is a sheet of brown butcher paper. Fat Boys is the perfect atmosphere for a dozen crabs and a bucket of beers. Good service, exceptional food, in an easygoing atmosphere. They are extreemly pricey by Gulf Coast standards, but I think that is the norm for the Chesapeake area.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Douglas U

Been to Fat Boys Crab Shack? Share your experiences!