“Best crab cakes”

Blue Dolphin Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 83 Restaurants in Gambrills
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opened about a month ago. HUGE menu...seafood but so much more. It has a large bar area, plus a separate dining room. The atmosphere is nice, service kinks are being worked out, and the food is fantastic. The crab cakes give most a run for their money in this area of crab cake experts.
Gambrills, Maryland
“Best crab cakes”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband says these are the best crab cakes around. I love the salmon and flounder. Very fresh and cooked just right. Their baked potatoes and spinach are also our favorites. Excellent service and always friendly. We get there early because the place is packed after 6PM.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mona t

Killeen, Texas
“Crab cake meal”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great lump meat crab cake! But seating was not great. Salad was a little wimpy and bread could have been better tasting..

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank iv_fortune
Washington D.C.
“One and Done!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Decided to check out the Blue Dolphin for dinner. The food was awful! Cream of crab soup was salty, too much butter and even after requesting sherry to add, it was far too milky. Had to be one of the worst in Maryland. The salad was mostly iceberg lettuce with one tomato and literally one piece of dark green (I think a spinach leaf). The entree appeared to be a frozen food product they just microwaved - certainly not freshly prepared. The 'so-called' crab cake was big and falling apart. Terrible presentation overall. I don't even believe this place has a legitimate 'chef'. This is food I would not serve at a homeless shelter. Anyone who feels differently obviously does not know 'good' food. Thank goodness we ordered wine to abate the bad food! One and done!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank TNT_DC
Columbia, Maryland
“You won't be disappointed.....”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my second trip to this restaurant in six months. This time I ordered the shrimp and crabcake dinner with a salad and sauteed spinich. My BF had the double crabcake dinner. First, we had an appetizer of calamari. It was hot, fresh, and plentiful! Three to four people could have shared the serving easily. Salads (garden) were fresh - I can tell when salads have been sitting pre-prepared in a refrigerator - these were NOT that way, also plentiful in portion. Then the entrees - both were hot and delicious. The spinach was lightly seasoned with a little Feta cheese sprinkled on top. Mmmmm! My shrimp (jumbo) were large. Three came with the crabcake, which I ended up taking home. The crabcakes were full of mostly lump crabmeat and little filler. As I said in a previous review, they actually taste better the next day to me. I guess the seasoning has a chance to "marinate" all the way into the crabmeat (not overpowering). And they are huge! Dinner for two, appetizers, softdrink, tax, and tip (20%), came to about $90. It was worth it for good seafood...

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lenflady
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Tasteful Experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Blue Dolphin is a great restaurant to get fresh seafood seasoned to perfection. Although it is primarily a Seafood restaurant, yet I have ordered excellent Steak dinners from this place as well. I strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Maryland and staying in the Gambrills or Crofton areas. I have ate here countless times from the very first week of their Grand Opening years ago.

• Visited February 2013