“You won't be disappointed.....”

Blue Dolphin Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Gambrills
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just opened about a month ago. HUGE menu...seafood but so much more. It has a large bar area, plus a separate dining room. The atmosphere is nice, service kinks are being worked out, and the food is fantastic. The crab cakes give most a run for their money in this area of crab cake experts.
Columbia, Maryland
“You won't be disappointed.....”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my second trip to this restaurant in six months. This time I ordered the shrimp and crabcake dinner with a salad and sauteed spinich. My BF had the double crabcake dinner. First, we had an appetizer of calamari. It was hot, fresh, and plentiful! Three to four people could have shared the serving easily. Salads (garden) were fresh - I can tell when salads have been sitting pre-prepared in a refrigerator - these were NOT that way, also plentiful in portion. Then the entrees - both were hot and delicious. The spinach was lightly seasoned with a little Feta cheese sprinkled on top. Mmmmm! My shrimp (jumbo) were large. Three came with the crabcake, which I ended up taking home. The crabcakes were full of mostly lump crabmeat and little filler. As I said in a previous review, they actually taste better the next day to me. I guess the seasoning has a chance to "marinate" all the way into the crabmeat (not overpowering). And they are huge! Dinner for two, appetizers, softdrink, tax, and tip (20%), came to about $90. It was worth it for good seafood...

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lenflady

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Tasteful Experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Blue Dolphin is a great restaurant to get fresh seafood seasoned to perfection. Although it is primarily a Seafood restaurant, yet I have ordered excellent Steak dinners from this place as well. I strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Maryland and staying in the Gambrills or Crofton areas. I have ate here countless times from the very first week of their Grand Opening years ago.

• Visited February 2013
Annapolis, MD
“Not the Best--Not the Worst”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Blue Dolphin was packed on the Saturday evening we went. Because it's a large restaurant, they can accommodate lots of patrons before a waiting line forms. My husband ordered the broiled seafood platter and I ordered a crabcake and baby back rib combo. The ribs were wonderful, but the crabcake, though large, had way too much filler. And too, I was disappointed in the quality of the crabmeat, which was kind of tasteless. My husband thought his seafood platter was pretty good, but was equally disappointed in the crabcake. Would we go back? Probably not. This is a pricey restaurant and we would likely opt to spend our hard earned cash at an establishment that serves top-notch crabcakes without fillers at about the same price.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nonniekash
Annapolis, Maryland
“Crab cakes!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband knows a Blue Dolphin crab cake sandwich is by far my most favorite dinner. He'll surprise me every now and then and pick one up for me to-go. The price has increased over the years and we think the price it's at currently is ridiculous considering the amount of filler they have been putting into it lately. But back in the day, this was the best crab cake for miles. I absolutely DESPISE eating in the restaurant, however. It is overcrowded and mess-hall-ish. My husband gets frustrated with the to-go process, as well. Telephone customer service and hostesses could use some work. Also, extremely excited to say that we ran into Joey from Full House there!

Visited February 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Restaurant review”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is excellent and the service is great. Large portions, always have to take some home. It is always busy but they will accept reservations. Was there this past weekend and the weekend before that. Enjoyed my meal both times. You can always wait at the bar and have a drink while waiting on your table.

• Visited February 2013