“Untapped Potential”

Thursday's Steak & Crab House
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Galesville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place has tremendous potential to become the premier location on the West River. It offers great scenic water view, wildlife, boat access, ample indoor & outdoor seating, a Tiki Hut and friendly staff. Unfortunately, they hadn't expected more than a few requests for their nightly special and ran out after only a few orders. The waitress was very efficient and eager to please which made the disappointment easier to swallow. They have Happy Hour specials in the bar area but, the topic of conversation between well lubricated locals would prove offensive to most and certainly inappropriate for children. I'm guessing more freedom of speech is tolerated in the off-season when they have to rely on local patrons to carry them through. Overall, the experience was a positive one and we would return on a day the weather permits enjoyment of the outside amenities.

2  Thank Tndist

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The cream of crab soup was way over seasoned and very salty. The prime rib looked liked it was steamed and not seared as it should have been. Ordered it medium, but it was way over cooked. The baked potato had the texture of being cooked in a microwave. Very disappointing.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Thursdays is a nice place to come with friends or family in the warm weather if you're used to the outdoor picnic table scene. There is also an indoor eating area and bar with slightly outdated seating, but is still quite comfortable. Thursdays is accessible by water, which is a bonus in this area. The outdoor area is frequented by the locals, including waterman, couples with friendly dogs, and sometimes groups of bikers/motorcycle riders. It's a place to come to for a few drinks and fun, not necessarily for those seeking a quiet, romantic scene. I've eaten here several times and have never been disappointed in the food, but I don't come here expecting a four star meal, either. At times, their daily appetizer specials have been fantastic and were very large portions. All in all, it's a good place to come that's directly on the water with great views of the sailboats and the sunset.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place. On the water, great outdoor seating and outside bar (weather permitting of course.)

During the "off season" months they have THE BEST all you can eat mussel special on Tuesdays.

For relaxed, low key dining or just to get out and grab a beverage - it's one of my favorite places around here.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am floored that this restaurant has ANY good reviews. My husband and I ate here and I am sorry to report it was terrible. Being actually ON the water, I expected fresh seafood. NOT! I do not believe anything was home made and certainly nothing fresh (what little taste there was in anything, absolutely was frozen). We started with the crab bisque. I love crab bisque and it is one of those things that is prepared differently by many. I have never seen or tasted anything like this before. This was just terrible. It was so soupy (sorry for the pun) and WATERY. Water thin. NO flavor. No chucks of crab. I would be embarrassed to call it crab anything. We also had fried oysters that you would not even taste an oyster. ALL breading. We were eating FRIED BREADING - gross. The crab imperial was anything but "imperial". Now this might have been home made because I have never had anything so terrible store bought. Again, NO flavor whatsoever. I don't even know what it was really. A small casserole dish, BURNED, with SOME chunks of crab and........ that was pretty much it. We added Old Bay to it to make it even have any taste. The crab cake could not have been hand made. It was a perfectly shaped, OVER fried, oval thing. Again, no flavoring, no taste whatsoever. The steak was small in portion, over cooked, no flavor, rubbery.
I am going to retract one of my original statements that nothing was hand made. It had to have been handmade (with the exception of the crab cake) because no pre-made and/or frozen product has ever tasted as bland and flavorless and.... disgusting. In fact, both my husband and I were actually sick. The more I think about the entire meal the more grossed out I get. $90 for this!! $90 and only 2 beers & one mixed drink. I would never considering going back. We did see another restaurant next to it "the Private's Cove" - how could it possibly be any worse?
The service, also lacked. Lots of staff but they were actually sitting at one of the dining room tables, talking! There was only two other tables dining (for dinner). We should have known that if only 4 people were there for DINNER that it was NOT a good restaurant. Don't go! Save your money; time (and stomach)! Have the other people who left a review ever eating fresh seafood?