“Horrible horrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirates Cove Restaurant

Pirates Cove Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Galesville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Croom, MD
“Horrible horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went with a party of eight to celebrate a birthday. The server was awful and the food below average. Unfortunately the manager does not walk around to check on the diners because if he did he would have seen empty glasses needing refills and alot of dirty plates that should have been removed. I guess when they have parties over six people and can add on an 18 percent tip they don't even try. Will never and I mean ever give this place another chance.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cosmic5

Hughesville, MD
“Monthly special for my birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I have visited this restaurant a couple of times in the past but it has been well over a year since our last visit. They changed the restaurant, they now have some booths in the middle of the tables. We arrived at 5:30p on a Monday night, only one other table was occupied but there were a couple tables occupied in the bar area. I had the cream of crab soup which was good and my husband ordered the oyster soup which he enjoyed. We each ordered the monthly special which was a crab cake and stuffed shrimp (two) with two sides. I had cole slaw and green beans and he had french fries and green beans. We both enjoyed the specials, very good crab cake. The stuffed shrimp was good too but a little rich. Special was $16.95 each and we had a coupon for $5 off entire bill. Waitress was attentive, professional but did not smile or interact more than necessary to do her job.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Fishtherapy
Henderson, Nevada
“Delicious Crab Cakes and Crab Imperial”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The setting for this wonderful seafood restaurant is absolutely gorgeous in a backwater area off Chesapeake Bay. We drove down here from Annapolis specifically for lunch as this was a place where my husband used to pull in to when he sailed the bay. It was well worth the drive. The restaurant is charming with friendly staff and nice decor. We were seated and served promptly. My husband had the crab cakes which were delicious -- and he is incredibly particular about his seafood and can be highly critical of it if it isn't just right. I had the crab imperial which was rich, decadent and utterly scrumptious. Other patrons were also praising their food, and there seemed to be a few regulars from the area. There aren't many places to eat in this little, pretty community, and I highly recommend this one if you are anywhere within driving distance. Again, it is well worth the drive from Annapolis or other towns in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LeiMomiNV
Spring Hill, Florida
“Nice evening with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We met 3 other couples here for a Christmas celebration. We didn't get the room with the best decorations as requested, but our area was fine. Many of the entrees were pricey, even pasta dishes started around 19.95. The daily special was a seafood casserole, moderately priced and everyone loved it. Our server was good and upbeat. She only missed one drink refill request, which for a table of 8 is acceptable. The only suggestion I have to make this place outstanding is to lower the prices just a bit. We will go back regardless.

• Visited December 2012
Huntingtown, Maryland
“Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a nice location, you are overlooking the water. The place has an excellent menu and the food is great. Try the stuffed rockfish with lump crab meat. It is great!

1 Thank BobCarolPepe