“Disappointing”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Annapolis, Maryland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have eaten at Pirates Cove many times. The dining room has a beautiful view of the West River. The bar looks out onto the marina filled with sailboats. We were seated in the bar even though there were plenty of seats in the dining room. There was water constanting dripping from the ceiling behind one person in our party. I ordered fried oysters from the early bird menu which includes several dinner entrees for $14.95 ordered before 6:30. The bread was warm and the banana bread was especially good. Salad was fine. When the entree came, I had 4 small oysters and my baked potato. The food wasn't even served to make it look like more than it was - with lettuce or garnish. Half of the plate was empty. Four oysters does not a meal make. And for $14.95. The oysters were tastey but the potato wasn't fully cooked. I won't be going back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank L K

Annapolis, Md
“Much Improved”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went there for dinner Labor Day Friday. Had eaten there earlier in the year & was not impressed at that time. Food was much different, vastly improved. Cream of crab soup was exceptional. Labor day had aspecial 9 oince crab cake. One of the best Ive( & biggest) had for years. Veggies were done just right & the service could not be improved upon. The server was straight up about telling us that we would set the pace for the evening. It was a very relaxed & we both enjoyed it immensely. We will certainly be back.

• Visited August 2012
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“Excellent crab dishes, great view!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friends I have dinner at Pirate's Cove at least once a
month. We have always found the crab and seafood dishes to
be excellent. The dishes are not gourmet which is why we like them and they taste as they should - like good seasoned crab or seafood without the fancy sauces, etc. that some restaurants like to add. The service has always been excellent and the view of the West River is always nice. In good weather, one can eat outside. One feels you have just stepped off your yacht for dinner as we actually would do many years ago. The prices for seafood dishes are very reasonable especially their specials of the month. Don't look for something, fancy. Do look for good food, a great view and a restaurant with the feel of an old time seafood restaurant with servers who go out of their way to please you.

• Visited September 2012
Harwood, Maryland
“The view is worth the visit”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The restaurant is on Maryland's West River in the quaint village of Galesville on a site frequented in years past by the notorious Blackbeard. The view is outstanding and worth the visit. Unfortunately, in my view, the food does not measure up to the view of the West River and the numerous sailboats thereon. Pirates Cove is a Galesville institution and has many loyal and frequent visiting customers which may have a different view of the fare.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Anthony G
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A Tasty Place with a View”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

July 28, 2012
This was our second time to dine at Pirate's Cove since we were in the area. We went once for dinner and this time for lunch. Lunch is a good value. The grilled razor clams were fresh and hot. I had trouble getting my husband to share. I had grilled oysters which were delicious. My granddaughter had the portobello sandwich and didn't leave a crumb. The chowder was good. Our server was attentive to all our requests and water glasses were kept filled. There were quite a few locals so that told us it was popular. You just can't beat the view.

1 Thank 610travelgal