“Great Stay”

Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Before I arrived the staff helped me upgrade our room with no hassle, and extend our stay one extra night. Once there, check-in was prompt and our stay was trouble free. We were well rested each day for our convention and all of the services in the room performed well.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 6, 2014

When I first put in the reservation for the rooms I was told i would HAVE a fridge and microwave in my room. I also made sure to note that i needed both rooms together and was assured that they would do that for me. When i arrived to the hotel none of the things i was promised was there. And was worse i was put at the VERY END of the hall ways and on TWO TOTALLY SEPARATE FLOORS FROM THE OTHER ROOM!!! Terrible terrible terrible. smh. And i put the reservation in SEVERAL months in advance and still didn't get anything right. AND on top of that we were charged $75 a night for inconvenience or something that was NOT told to us on the phone when reserving. And we had to get a humidifier for one of the rooms cause it smelled like smoke or moldy floors. I really didn't expect all of these things to go wrong for only a 3 day stay. Would never go back to that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

I do appreciate you taking the time in bringing to my attention your experiences which I certainly agree with you that it’s beyond the standards of Hilton Gaithersburg. It’s certainly our goal to extend the value of service to our customers and when we fall short, it gives me the opportunity to invigorate the team to work harder.
For a customer of your caliber that spend so many days in hotels, you have a very good understanding of value hence your clarity for me to help my team to get better and grow.

If your travels brings you back to the area I would like to invite you back as my guest,It will certainly be my pleasure to meet with you in person on your next trip as I do believe with your feedback plus all other surveys will have my property amongst some of the best that you have travelled. While I do know that the building may be old, my employees will always be the difference maker to our customers; why I’ve put an action plan together from your review for the concerns that you’ve shared with me.

I will follow up from the reservations that you requested , to ensure that our procedures are in place so that this mistake does not happen again.

I sincerely appreciate your time and concerns to share with me where we fell short.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

It was for a sport tournament and we stayed there as a huge group. I didn't have a choice of staying elsewhere and was hoping this hotel to be nice or good enough, and it was.

The room wasn't impressive at all but at least cleaned and well equipped.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Blueskylover2014
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The room was clean, beds very comfortable. I loved the down comforter on the beds, and the choice of pillows. There was a fridge in the room, although we didn't use it. My only complaint was the food. Breakfast buffet was plentiful but pricey, and there weren't many options for me as a gluten free individual. I paid way too much for an omelet with some fruit on the side. Disappointing. Also, the in-house coffee shop wasn't open on Sunday. I had to walk to a nearby Panera for a cup of coffee. So. . .the room was great, the food was disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent employees who want to make your stay enjoyable. Within walking distance to a little strip mall for a few more choices of restaurants to eat at. I would definitely come back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Disappointed you were unable to bring in outside food to the pool area. We were there with a softball team. The girls wanted to order pizza but there was not an area to eat it in altogether. The pool was clean, however, they closed it too early and you couldnt enjoy the area with friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My stay was only for one night but this hotel reminded me of a best western for example. There was nothing that made it seem luxury like I thought Hilton Hotels were. I guess I could say I expected more. The room and hotel was clean. I had no issues what so ever. Howvere the rooms could be slightly updated.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple