Stayed one night at the Hilton Washington North Gaithersburg property for an overnight stay to attend a funeral on Saturday, April 12th. Here's a brief synopsis:
The Good -
1) These Hilton employees are special--from the Front Desk clerk, to housekeeping, to the restaurant associates. Great customer service, great attitudes and they genuinely were concerned that we were satisfied with our accommodations and experience. They made our happiness their personal goal. Where do you find that anymore?
2) Rooms were clean, smelled fresh and a very nice bathroom.
3) Hallways were clean and king room was spacious.
Room for Improvement -
1) This property needs a renovation. These GREAT Hilton associates deserve a product to match their level of service. The front entrance needs a major power washing with possibly some plants for beautification. The lobby needs brightening and the drab-colored furniture needs to go. The lobby was only made bright by the smiles on the associates at the Front Desk.
2) The mattress and bedding need work. The mattress was saggy in the middle.
3) The windows in the room were dirty on the outside and need to be re-sealed and done at a higher level this time.
This property has a lot of potential but it needs help. We would probably stay there again just because of the great Hilton associates we encountered in just 24 hours but, come on Hilton (if this is a Corporate owned property), you can do better. If this is a franchise property, the owner needs to take a look at all of the future revenue he's missing by not making an investment.
P.S. Since I worked for the CEO of another large hotel chain, I know a little about revenue management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton