I stayed at this property twice, once in January and again last week. In general, it is no different from any other Hilton. Cookie cutter rooms, clean, good bedding and so on. My package included free internet and breakfast. The internet worked well and the buffet breakfast was a cut above many. Lots of choices and apart from the dishwater coffee the food was of a reasonable standard.
The difficulties that I had both times concerned shuttle service from the closest Metro station. The first time was late evening on a very, very cold winter night and I waited a long time before discovering that the shuttle had arrive and parked just ahead of me but didn't call my cell phone for some time. In all, the time from getting off the Metro to getting on the shuttle was probably around 45 minutes. Too long on an evening with the temperature below the zero. Most recently I arrived at Shady Grove station in late afternoon and on calling the hotel was told to wait on the "west" side and that the driver had already left for the station. She would call him to see if he was still on his way or had already made a pick up and would call me back. Firstly, I don't routinely travel with a compass so finding the "west" side was a challenge. The receptionist admitted that she had never been to the metro station so she had no idea what was "west". Secondly, she didn't bother to call back so I was forced to call her again 30 minutes later to be told that I had missed the shuttle and it was on its way back. What was so hard about calling me back after volunteering that she would do so?
Not good enough for a hotel from a major chain that is charging a significant tariff. Need to do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton