I expected more from a Hilton property
- there is enough parking space
- the hotel is less than 2 miles from Lakeforest mall and there are many shopping stores, restaurants and banks nearby (which was very convenient since I spending the Labor Day weekend there)
- I liked the lobby that I found to be well decorated and airy
- I had a nice view of the area (9th floor)
- the bathroom was also nicely done and decorated
- the desk was spacious and it was comfortable working at it
- the AC was too noisy, to the point that I had to turn it off anytime I was watching the news or a movie
- the closet doors did not close well (one side was not closing at all)
- the room had no small fridge, that could however be provided if requested. Why not just provide a fridge and let the guest decide if they want to use it or not? I think that nowadays, having a small fridge should not be considered as a "special request" anymore.
So why am I giving it 3 star? I expected more from a Hilton hotel in such a location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton