“A typical Hilton, good service”

Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Not a whole lot to say about this hotel. If you've stayed in a Hilton before, nothing here should really surprise you. Nice quality but nothing super exciting. I had a King room, it was clean and spacious. Bed was a little hard but that is such an individual preference, I really can't complain.

I think where this hotel tends to stand out is the service. Everybody is friendly and willing to go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I had a smooth check in. I ordered room service twice, both times with a little modification from the menu and they had no problem with that. "Whatever you want" was very much their policy. I didn't have their breakfast this time but I have in the past and it's good. They are apparently doing happy hour in the bar now but both nights I was there it was pretty crowded and I just didn't feel like a crowd so I bypassed it.

The location is pretty far out but there are a couple quick places to eat right next door - Panara, a Chinese place and a sub shop. Or, again, the staff would be more than happy to drive you someplace else in their shuttle. One of their shuttle stops is the Shady Groves metro station and from there it is about a 30-40 minute trip into the heart of DC.

I prefer the Gaithersburg Marriott (a few miles down the road - see my other reviews) just because of all the options within easy walking distance but if your company wants to put you up here, you've got some good options too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello SusanM223—Thanks for staying with us at the Gaithersburg Hilton on your recent visit to the area. I appreciate the positive things you had to say about our staff, as this is the most important aspect of our operation. Good sincere and hard working people, who really care about our guests are extremely important to our success. Your comments go far in recognizing that fact. You sound like you have a lot of travel experience, so we value your comments very highly. We will continue to try to improve, so we take over the #1 rating in your choices, but in the meantime, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had an overnight stay, not a great hotel. Could not see much as we were there for the night only. We have to leave very earlt next morning. The rooms are average good for a small family
2 adults + 2 children

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hello RahilJaved—Thank you for posting a comment on trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I am sorry that your were not able to comment or rate us more favorably. We are pleased that you selected our hotel and hope you choose us again for your next stay in the Gaithersburg, MD area. You indicated that you were only here for a short time, but I assure you that if you had time to see more, you would be most impressed with our hotel, our service and the friendliness and attention to your needs of our staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

An excellent hotel. Its location to visit NIST is very good. The facilities related with bring the gest to different places is good. In breakfast the is a variety of frut. Rooms are clean and comfortable and quiet

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello J Guadalupe P-- Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are delighted that you chose us for your visit to NIST. They are a very important source of business for us and we enjoy the “partnership” that we have with them. I trust that we were able to provide convenient shuttle service for you as well as the positive comments you made about breakfast and our guest rooms.
I hope you’ll again choose us when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My mother and I had a great meal, quiet room, wonderful service and the personnel was very friendly and professional. This hotel has more to offer than the other hotels in the area and I have stayed at many of them. This is my first choice from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hello Christine N—Thank you so much for your recent review of the Gaithersburg Hilton on Trip Advisor. I sincerely thank you for your kind comments. Our people are the most important part of our business and our staff was delighted to hear your compliments at a recent staff meeting. With us being your first choice, we can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I enjoyed my trip, travel, and overall experience. The restaurant was enjoyable. Plenty of selections with a great cup of coffee. The morning breakfast was pleasing. I also enjoyed the bar after the conference.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonManagement, Director Of rooms at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hi John R,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for staying with us and we are delighted in knowing you had a wonderful experience with our services that we provided.
We look forward in serving you in the near future if your travels should take you in the Gaithersburg area.

Regards,
CClarke
Director of Rooms

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business, and I would definitely stay again! The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous, but to be honest my interaction with them was limited to the front desk. The hotel room was extremely clean and comfortable. My only complaints are that when you flushed the toilet it literally sounded like the entire bathroom was going to cave in, and when someone else (maybe next door or above?) in another room flushed THEIR toilet, the piping made the same noise. The air conditioning was incredibly loud so I couldn't leave that on at night, but other than the noise level (minor, in this case!) the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms - my neighbors were noisy and I could hear their entire conversations!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello stephanielove53—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent business trip and for taking the time to post a comment about your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to hosting you again, since you say you would definitely stay again. I have had our chief engineer look into the noise problems you mentioned and they have been corrected. Plumbing and air conditioning is checked every month in every room during our routine preventive maintenance inspections. I am sorry if this inconvenienced you. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on previous occasions for business meetings. Hotel was organizations choice. Reservation and check in were very good! The restaurant rarely has anyone to greet guests. The service tends to be slow at lunch and dinner. Staff is very pleasant and accomodating. Check out at the desk was very good. The problem was that the guest elevators did not appear to all be working and the housekeeping staff were using the guest elevators for their carts. No room for guests with luggage to get on the cars.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi TalMizrahi,

Thank you for staying with us with us at Hilton Gaithersburg. We are very appreciative of your review about the restaurant as it was discussed with the Restaurant Manager and F&B Director to address and fix your observations.
In regards to the elevators, they tend to operate slower than usual if any of the cars has to be serviced. We do apologize that of the 3 cars, one does the dual work for the hard working housekeepers in keeping the hotel clean and have rooms ready which is also being shared with customers. The housekeepers are very polite and respectful that if the service elevator has customers on board, they will wait for a vacant car before getting to the required floor/s where they need to go.
Should you return to the area, we hope that you will consider staying with us again. Thanks again for your comments.

Regards,