Not a whole lot to say about this hotel. If you've stayed in a Hilton before, nothing here should really surprise you. Nice quality but nothing super exciting. I had a King room, it was clean and spacious. Bed was a little hard but that is such an individual preference, I really can't complain.
I think where this hotel tends to stand out is the service. Everybody is friendly and willing to go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I had a smooth check in. I ordered room service twice, both times with a little modification from the menu and they had no problem with that. "Whatever you want" was very much their policy. I didn't have their breakfast this time but I have in the past and it's good. They are apparently doing happy hour in the bar now but both nights I was there it was pretty crowded and I just didn't feel like a crowd so I bypassed it.
The location is pretty far out but there are a couple quick places to eat right next door - Panara, a Chinese place and a sub shop. Or, again, the staff would be more than happy to drive you someplace else in their shuttle. One of their shuttle stops is the Shady Groves metro station and from there it is about a 30-40 minute trip into the heart of DC.
I prefer the Gaithersburg Marriott (a few miles down the road - see my other reviews) just because of all the options within easy walking distance but if your company wants to put you up here, you've got some good options too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton