Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Comfort Inn Shady Grove(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$123
$169
  • Restaurant
$160
$135
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$117
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsbusiness tripnice staymetro stationfree parkingwashington dcmeetingshuttlehighwaymall
Reviewed February 28, 2013

As other folks have rightfully mentioned, it's indeed an older property. But my room and linens were smelling fresh and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is complementary WIFI access which worked well. The breakfast has good choice. I personally like a light breakfast and was happily surprised by a large selection of fresh fruits and health choices. The check-out process is automatic and your bill is delivered to your room. As other pointed out, you can walk to shopping center.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Hello Ewald C—thank you for the comments you posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. In a very short space and few words, you were able to touch on many of the positive attributes of our hotel. I appreciate the things you said and that now they are available for others to review. I am pleased that we were able to satisfy you on your stay and hope that you will choose us again for your next stay in the area.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have now stayed in three different hotels in this area. The Holiday Inn which we really enjoyed, the Courtyard Marriott Washingtonian Center which is a great location, and this one, the Hilton. I must say we really enjoyed our stay at the HIlton so much, that the next time we visit my family we will stay here. The service was amazing, the room was clean and they provided a pack n play for our one year to sleep in. I prefer these over the metal cribs the Holiday Inn offers. The restaurant was mediocre, but convenient for a bite to eat when you dont want to go outdoors. The bar area is pretty nice, we always saw alot of people enjoying a drink there. Right accross the street is a shopping center with a CVS, several small restaurants, Ross, Chuck E Cheeses for the kids, Carters for shopping, Bed Bath and Beyond, Panera (great for breakfast) etc. The mall is about a 6 minute drive and the highway to go towards D.C is literally a 5 minute drive. We LOVE that the laundry facilities was COMPLIMENTARY for guests, yes free laundry! THe pool was OK, pretty small, nothing fancy. The gym was nice though. Our only complaint is that our room did not have a fridge or microwave in it, and the maintenence person came to install it our second night and just walked in our room! He wasnt told there were guests in there so it was really awkard, not his fault, but the hotel should have known to have that installed before offering the room to us. We had to wait to get everything installed before we could leave. THis would have saved us alot of time going to the ice machine with our cooler to keep our 1 yr olds milk and food cool. Not convenient but after it was all done we were good to go. Will stay again :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hello truang3l19- Thank you for the response and for all of the detail you provided me in understanding your stay. It will help me to correct the things that didn't’t take pl;ace according to your expectations. Your comments are valuable and I will follow up on them to plan corrective action for the future. Overall, though, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You have compared us to other good hotels in the area Sand I am delighted that we fared well and that you will stay again. I look forward to the chance of meeting you on your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yes it's an older property, but a nice one with a friendly staff. I'm a diamond member and got recognized as such, with a free full breakfast every day of my stay. This was my second time here and was glad my work brought me back to this location. Speaking of location it's a very convenient walk next door to a shopping center with lots of eating choices and the shuttle made trips to the nearby mall and another nearby upscale entertainment/shopping/dinning area. On this trip I took issue with the bathroom door bouncing like a coiled spring against the curved shower curtain rod, was not a happy camper. If you have work in the area it's a good place, just a bit of a drive from IAD and DCA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello the-cosmo-traveler-Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the Gaithersburg area and for telling others of your experience. Knowing that this was a return visit and that you chose us is especially rewarding. I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations and that your received the recognition and benefits attributable to your Hilton Hhonors participation. We look forward to having you back again on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was surprised by ths hotel. The staff was wonderful from arrival to departure. Overall the hotel needs some TLC, but it was offset by incredible service. The bed linens were fresh, nice in-room coffee. I had dinner at the bar and the crab cakes were fantastic! If you are a scotch drinker, the bar offers great flights. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013

Hello GWM160-Thanks for taking the time to post a response about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that overall you were pleased and appreciate hearing about the specifics. I assure you that we do give the hotel TLC every day. I am excited about your comments on our scotch. This is a relatively new program and we welcome all inputs to make it as good as we can.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked a week for the inauguration on line. The on-line confirmation was incorrect for the type of room I requested. I called the hotel and they said they changed it to the requested room type. A week before my arrival, I called again to verify that the room type was corrected....it was not. Again the person stated that she corrected it. When I arrived the room type was INCORRECT! I called the front desk and they said they could not do anything about it, I asked for the manager and she also said there was nothing they could do about it...I asked her to check other Hilton area hotels for me. When she called back she sait there were not any of those type rooms available! I ended up searching myself and found a Homewood Suites and changed my reservation. Both people at the hotel was uncaring and uninterested in the problem. I have travel often and use Hilton exclusively and have never been treated so poorly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cindy2256
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hello Cindy2256—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent visit to the area and for taking the time to post a review to let us know of your experience. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Special event such as the Inauguration can create significant problems in this regard and it is unfortunate that we were unable to accommodate you to your satisfaction. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences and the poor level of service. However we do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.