“Ideal choice for a weekend getaway.”

Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Only stayed here for 1 night based on what our plans were for the weekend, but we would definitely stay here again. The check-in was great - the gentleman who checked us in was friendly, professional, personable - overall made us feel very welcome. The bellman was right on the spot when we were getting our things from the car.
We had an opportunity to enjoy the pool and the hot tub. Plenty of space and clean. Lucky for us, no one else was using it at the time. Felt like our own private pool. Will have to come back when the outdoor pool is open too.
Fitness center we checked out - great set up and top notch equipment.
Room was very nice although always disappointing when we don't have a refrigerator. The cabinet the tv sits on looks like it has the perfect place to put one. Carpet is in need of replacing. Clean except for a few stain, but you can definitely tell the path that is worn. Beds were super comfy. Had a great night sleep which was really the most important thing.
Thank you and we will be back when we're in the area again. Hope to try the restaurant next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sacp67
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Hello sacp67—Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Gaithersburg and for letting a lot of people who will read your posting know how we served you. I am always very excited to read the reviews that are posted on Trip Advisor as it is proven that what travelers such as you say is very important in influencing others’ choice in hotels. I am very pleased that we were able to meet your needs and appreciate that you reported this to the traveling public. I certainly get your point on the carpet and the refrigerators. The credenzas do have ample space for a refrigerator and we will be equipping more of our rooms with them in the near future. We also have plans to redo the carpet in the rooms and that should also happen as soon as practical As you noted, though, the carpets are clean; we are a busy hotel and they have had a lot of traffic since installation.
I have shared your comments with our staff as service comments are very important to them. We look forward to serving you again when you come back. The restaurant and kitchen staff is looking forward to showing you how well they can take care of you.
Yale Feldman,

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Happy and efficient checkin. Nice room with comfortable bed. Swimming pool (indoor) a little small for anything but leisure use but I see it is connected to an outdoor pool which might allow more serious exercise to take place. Didn't eat there outside of breakfast which was fine with good choice and a station for fresh omelettes etc... Happy to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JMHGlobetrotter
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Hello JMHGlobetrotter—thank you for taking the time to post such a favorable review about your recent stay at our hotel. “Happy” and “efficient” are great words in this business—I am glad you were able to use both in context in your review. I think you would enjoy all meals in our hotel, but I am pleased that you enjoyed breakfast—the most important meal of the day. I hope that you again choose the Gaithersburg Hilton when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was my second stay at the Hilton Washington DC North. The hotel is clean and has been recently updated. It is quite a ways away from Downtown DC but we have an office in Gaithersburg so it is in the right location for me. Compared to the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, the Hilton is much better. (I had accidentally typed in my original review that the Holiday Inn was better and that is not the case. The Hilton is my choice any time I go to Gaithersburg.)

My biggest complaint about this hotel again is the size of the bathrooms. It is extremely hard to fit in them and close the door. Maybe I should ask for a handicap room? I know there is nothing they can do about this as the hotel has long been built but it is my biggest complaint.

The hotel bar/restaurant is very good. The staff in the bar is extremely friendly and attentive. The food is delicious and this hotel's bar ranks as one of the tops in my book. Mike, one of the bartenders, always takes good care of us.

One other negative on this trip, I asked for a mini-fridge and I was told they were out. My colleague who checked in immediately after me asked for and got one. I don't know if they were discriminating against me since I'm a male and my colleague was a female but it was kind of a disappointment as a mini-fridge is a standard item in my book these days. I was tired and didn't feel like complaining but it was definitely a disappointment and was upset they gave my colleague one and not me. Especially considering I am a Hilton Silver VIP.

The rooms do have LCD TV's which is nice. As others have stated, ask for a high floor to avoid outside noise.

The beds are also more comfortable than most hotel beds.

Overall a decent choice in Gaithersburg.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Hello again, bishoparc—It’s always nice to hear from an old friend. I appreciate you taking the time to correct the previous review that you wrote about our hotel. I was disappointed that you said you had preferred the Holiday Inn and now am relieved when you said it was only a typo. This is great news. Please let me know the next time you are coming in as I would love to have the opportunity to meet you. Thanks for being such a loyal and thoughtful guest.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

The hotel facilities were excellent and the location was very convenient to our relatives and friends in the DC area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Hello George G—I am very pleased that we were able to provide you with facilities and a location that served your needs so well. I am also pleased that you took the time to tell everyone about it. Thanks for choosing us and for making such positive comments.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Spent one night on a business trip. Am a Marriott Platinum so usually stay there, and that is basis for comparison. Front guest staff very warm and friendly at check-in. Tried both a dinner and a lunch in the restaurant, and found it consistently oustanding! One of the waiters seemed a little distant, but not negative, and was courteous and efficient. The other was friendly and quick. Rooms seemed comparable to Marriott's.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Rooms seemed comparable to Marriott's.
Hello Booha—Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. As Marriott Platinum, I know that you travel quite a bit, so I place a lot of credibility on your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had a positive experience with our rooms, our staff and our restaurant. I will use your feedback about the restaurant staff in an upcoming departmental meeting to ensure that we talk through your observations to improve in the future.
Now that you have stayed with us once, I hope to see your name more frequently on our arrivals list. I would love to meet you personally in the future, so please don’t hesitate to let me know when you are coming back.
Best Regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Goal: We live about 3 miles away and wanted to get away from the kids. So we booked a night stay via Priceline $50

Pros:
~Near mall Lake Forrest Mall
~Near food/ other spots (CVS, Panera Bread, Chipotle Grill, Ross, Verizon store, Beer and wine
~Close to highway/ 270
~Staff was friendly
~Free parking
~Across the street from Fairground

Cons:
~ View of HVAC
~Paper-thin walls could hear the next room of (6) talking loudly
~As another reviewer said furniture didn't match which was sort of weird
~Carpet needs to be cleaned big red spot as we walked in

Tip:
~Ask for a high floor way from the highway

Area Information: Not sure why it is called Washington DC north. Washington DC is 40mins to an hour away depending on the traffic. Baltimore Washington is 50mins to an hour away depending on traffic

Recommendation: The staff was friendly but I did not sleep well because of the paper-thin walls. I felt like a slept on someone’s bad couch. Would not stay here again but hope your experience is different.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bre007

Hello Bre007-- What a great way for me to receive feedback. I appreciate that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to Gaithersburg, Md and that you took the time to write and post a review. The format that you put this in is clear and concise and extremely helpful to me in addressing the areas in which we need to improve. As with all comments and reviews, I have shared them with our staff and we are addressing ways to correct the shortcomings you pointed out. We are proud of our hotel and thrive on your good comments, but we feed on all of your observations and use these to help us grow.
I am sure that we could find a solution for the noise issues you noted, so I hope that you will not really let this stand in the way of returning.
I would love to meet you personally on your next vist.
Best regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2012

After reading the reviews here I was a bit apprehensive. But, I admired the well-thought responses by the General Manager and decided to keep my reservation. i was facilitating a workshop at the facility for a client in addition to staying 3 nights. So, I was able to observe not only the hotel, but the meeting facilities as well.

EVERYONE at the hotel - desk staff, restaurant staff, cleaning people - all were very friendly and "customer focused." When I checked in I asked for a high floor and was cheerfully given a room on the top floor. The gym facility was better than most hotels and very clean. There is an indoor/outdoor pool that I did not use, but when using the fitness room I noticed people enjoying the pool and actually a lifeguard on duty.

The restaurant was a very nice surprise. The service was very friendly and the food was excellent. The salmon dish was particularly good, but even the hamburger was tasty. The breakfast buffet, was very good as well. The first night I left my iPad case in the restaurant and about an hour later I received a call that it was at the front desk. Nice of them to track me down!

The meeting facility was excellent and the lunches and snacks as good as hoped for in the situation. I do a LOT of traveling and a LOT of workshops and this was on par with the best I have seen.

Another note on the staff. I needed to find a pharmacy and I asked at the front desk for the location. Not only did I get friendly directions, when I returned, he asked if I got what I needed and was there anything they could do for me.

The room was nice size, everything worked; shower was wonderful; although the bathroom was a bit small and cramped.

I would HIGHLY recommend this Hilton when in the D.C. or Maryland area. I am returning for more workshops next month and look forward to my stay.

Room Tip: The top floor (12) rooms have a balcony. Nice as spring approaches to be able to step out for some...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Hello Sadec1970—WOW. Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your recent stay at our hotel and for posting it to Trip Advisor. The comments you’ve made will go far in reinforcing the benefits of our attention to details and the importance we place on the proper delivery of service to our guests. It is rewarding to know that not only did we assist in satisfying your needs, but that our staff followed up to ensure that everything was taken care of. I have already shared your review with several of our senior managers and by the end of the week I anticipate that most of our staff will be familiar with it.
I truly enjoyed meeting you while you were in the hotel. Your observations to me were timely and helpful. As with all comments made by our guests, each one draws our attention to a reality or a situation that can be enhanced. I try to grow our operation by the direction set by our guest comments.
I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the hotel. I hope you will call me personally and let me know when you expect to be back.