This old-style Hilton that would look quite normal on any Mad Men episode, is still well-run and well-maintained. 12 floors of rooms with most of the noise equipment kept close to the elevators shafts = so most rooms should be very quiet. My room was at the farthest end of the corridor. Big, empty balcony - a good place to look outside at the Sam's club with which this Hilton shares the backyard. The room was spacious, old furniture, old linen. Bathroom fared MUCH better - nice new towels, Peter Thomas Roth shampoos, conditioners etc.
The safe was very roomy, extra blanket, pillow - the usual stuff for the executive floor rooms. Strangely enough, the phone preset buttons did not work, not one of them - so you would have to get to the operator first.
Breakfast at the ground floor restaurant was quite typical of all Hilton properties = eggs made to order, choice of juices, breads, pastries and fruit. Well-run by very polite team of servers.
There is an all day/all night room service and the bar at the restaurant was packed around midnight.
In a nutshell, with update linens this would be a very, very good hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton