Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Courtyard
$190
$161
SpringHill Suites
Comfort Inn Shady Grove(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$123
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
$90
$95
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
HolidayInn.com
$110
All reviewsbusiness tripnice staymetro stationfree parkingwashington dcmeetingshuttlehighwaymall
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I was only there because it was close to NIST HQ; the proximity makes it worth paying a bit more, especially since I was only there for 2 nights. The hotel doesn't earn the premium, though. Also, I think I was unlucky because the US Open golf tournament happened to be the same week I was there, and the hotel is very close to that venue. I bet the hotel raised the prices for the event...I know I would have!

Good things: The room was clean and the bed was comfy and the Internet was free.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Hello TheEclectiveEve--I enjoyed reading your review of our property. It wa brief, but stressed very important points that we are proud to be able to provide to our travelers. I am glad that you chose us, enjoyed your stay and found our room size and Wi-Fi to be valuable to you.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and we hope to see you back again in the near future.
Yale Feldman\
Gneeral Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Rooms are quite big. Free wi-fi is a big plus since we're thousand miles from home and we get to chat with our kids back home.

Normal but nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My review may not be representative since I somehow got upgraded into a giant suite at no extra cost. Had a living room, dining room, bedroom, back hall ... quite a nice setup. The room was fine, with a very comfortable bed and all the amenities. The Wifi was strong and fast (and didn't cost extra).

It seems to be a thoroughly remodeled older property. The lobby includes bar area. There is a restaurant which has an excellent breakfast buffet, but you pay $16 per person.

This is very convenient if you're visiting NIST -- about a 5-minute drive. But it's a little pricey for a basically suburban hotel.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Hello Cadillac22--Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. We are proud to offer the most up to date amenities and are glad you could take advantage of our Free Wi Fi to stay in touch with your family while travelling. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Yale Feldman

Reviewed May 22, 2011

This Hilton has been my home while working in Rockville nearly every week for the past year. I probably should've jumped ship along time ago. This will be my last time staying there. Stay away from rooms ending in '01' especially 1101 and 1201. Both rooms have a fly problem, and no that sickening sweet smelling cleaning solution you're using is not helping. You should also refuse any room lower than the 4th floor. After spending 30 minutes listening to flies buzz around me and trying to swat them I gave up and demanded another room. There is also a problem with the hot water on most mornings. The hotel has also become a haven for the tour bus crowds every week. The icing on the cake was my trip this past week. I brought my family along and my wife order room service for lunch. Her ceasar salad arrived with a large bug snuggled up next to a crouton. So we now know that there's no quality control in the kitchen. The breakfast buffet could also use an upgrade and check the cheese for mold before you set it out.

Room Tip: Try the Marriott properties across 270
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wf9150
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Hello wf9150-- Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg. I appreciate that you took the time to provide specifics of your concerns and I do apologize for the less than desirable conditions you experienced. I appreciate the opportunity I had to meet with you during your stay to discuss the described issues and am glad you allowed me to take corrective action immediately. Since your visit with us, we have had two formal kitchen reviews and an intensive brand Quality Assurance review. We received high scores and outstanding results on all. I hope that you will reconsider your decision to never stay at our hotel again as I feel you will be more than satisfied with the quality and service you will receive. We appreciate the business you have given us and look forward to the opportunity to continue to serve you. If that alternative is not in your plans, we wish you all the best in your travels.
Yale Feldman, General Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Nice hotel .. We happen to be needing a hotel mid-way to Washington from Frederick so this was convenient. Only fault I found with hotel was the carpet in our room. Nice friendly staff .. all you can eat buffet breakfast .. all good .. no complaints

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello BigBear1956—Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel after your recent stay. I appreciate that you cared enough to comment on the nice aspects of your stay as well as to make us aware of your concern. I have shared your comments about our staff with the management team to pass on to their departments and have shared your comment about our breakfast with the restaurant and kitchen. As for our guest room carpets, I can assure you that the carpets in our hotel are shampooed regularly and vacuumed daily, but acknowledge and thank you for your observation.
I am glad you found our hotel to be convenient for your needs and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Yale Feldman, General Manager