Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
SpringHill Suites
$131
$111
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$76
$144
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

$120
$110
Hampton.com
$95
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$94
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$99
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenrio centerdifferent buildingswashingtonian centerbuy some groceriesmobile appmain buildingyogurtour home away from homewashington metrothe staff was friendly and helpfulvisit familyliving roomlate checkoutplenty of parkingstayed here for nightswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is nestled in an upscale residential/business development surrounded by a shopping center with several theatres, good shopping, nice restaurants and a lake. What more can you ask for? The hotel itself is equally nice in terms of upkeep and has a great staff who make you feel right at home. This is a typical Residence Inn, but what makes it a good stay is all the amenities around it so you don't have to drive if you want to go out and do something after a long day of work or a long day of sightseing in DC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank romadaro
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Location, location, location.
I could not agree more.
We are in a wonderful area, that is so convenient, with so much to offer - restaurants, shopping, movie theater, etc. within a 5-7 minute walk.
With the beautiful weather we are experiencing our patio by the pool is so relaxing as well.
Thanks for letting us know our staff is fabulous and welcoming and provides the service that makes our property better than being at home.
Come back very soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

While not perfect, the rooms are neat and clean. (Yes, even in the corners and under the beds.) Breakfasts and dinners are basic, but varied and tasty. The location is very convenient for my work assignment. However, it's the staff that makes this Residence Inn a cut above. They take their host responsibilities to the highest level. Always pleasant, cheerful, caring, engaged and supportive, this team makes your stay feel like coming home. You can count on an efficient check-in and attention to detail (like preferring the third floor or a mat to make the bed softer). Repeat stays are a treat. This staff actually remembers you as a person.

As far as I'm concerned, this hotel sets the bar.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

You have provided what I consider the perfect compliment.
We made your stay feel like a "home away from home".
It is such a bonus to hear "it's the staff that makes this Residence Inn a cut above".
Our focus is to make our guests happy and comfortable while they are away from home.
We am firm believers in providing the best service to our guests, each and every day, because while you are here you are family.
Thanks for making our property you home at times.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My sister moved into the Resident Inn Gaithersburg for about a week, when she lost her son. Daryl and the rest of the Front desk staff were trully awesome. Every day Daryl and the other senior manager pitched-in to support their Buffet breakfast staff. They cleared tables and constantly asked their guests "How are we doing? Is there anything else that you need?"

Resident Inn Gaithersburg accommodated my sister, me, our out-of-town guests and her two dogs at a very affordable senior citizen rate. At her end of the floor, she had a problem with ants, that the Resident Inn was never able to fully resolve. At the opposite end of the same floor, my one bedroom unit was ant-free.

Again, it's an older property, but the lobby and breakfast buffet dining room appear to have been updated. Unlike some competing hotels, parking is still free. The Resident Inn Gaithersburg's parking lot was full every night and morning. This week most of the other guests seemed to be business travelers.

I and the other members of my family are Marriott Rewards Club members. When we registered on-line and/or by telephone, we might have received a better nightly room rate, because we are Rewards Club Members? In any event, this Resident Inn's weekend senior citizen nightly room rate is comparable to the Comfort Inn Quantico, Virginia.

The Fitness Center is small. It's clean and well maintained.

There is one elliptical exercise machine, two treadmills, a full set of weights with a weight bench. There is no indoor pool. The outdoor pool won't open until May 27th :-).

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor of Building "A", which is opposite the entrance to the hotel lobby. My window faced an adjacent parking garage, but there was no noticeable automobile traffic noise from the garage. Traffic on Washingtonian Boulevard seems to be relatively light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

It was our pleasure to provide support and comfort to your family, especially your sister, during a time of need.
The numerous conversations I had with her were priceless and moving.
Appreciate each and every day was the common theme.
We are so glad you appreciated the very reasonable rates and all the complimentary benefits our property offers, such as hot breakfast buffet, parking, exercise room, and our great customer service.
We look forward to a return visit, under better circumstances.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here when attending the National Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. Property broken up into several buildings. Was a large combination bedroom/living room. Was somewhat worn and not up to the standards we found in other Resident Inns. Breakfast was okay. Front desk staff was helpful upon arrival. Enjoyed the shopping center/entertainment center nearby. Main problem was that only three devices could use internet at a time. We had two cell phones, a Kindle Fire and a laptop. Had to call technical support and they got us set up by eliminating one cell phone. However, we still had problems the next morning. I shared this informaton with the front desk and they seemed to not know about it. I never had this problem with any Marriott establishments and I am a Gold member

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We are pleased you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our excellent customer service.
Sadly we were not aware of the device limitation our new internet service provider placed on our rooms.
That is an oversight on our end.
Once we were made aware of this problem we were able to correct it.
We are sorry it impacted your stay.
Knowing you are a Gold member and fan of Marriott's I hope you will return to see this problem has been corrected and the service is a higher quality than experienced in the past.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We always stay at Marriotts, if we can, because of the comfort of the beds, and Residence Inns by preference because of the full kitchens. This Residence Inn is just not up to the Marriott standards.

On the plus side, the staff are excellent and the place is clean. On the negative side, these beds are so hard that my husband and I are in agony. Furthermore, there are only queen-sized beds in the rooms in the 2-bedroom suite. Every other Residence Inn we've stayed in offered us king-sized beds.

My biggest beef, and deal killer, is that they only allow 3 internet-abled devices per room. Our two-bedroomed suite (that sleeps SIX), counts as ONE room. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. Travelers today travel with a minimum of 2 internet-connected devices (a laptop, a smartphone and often a tablet). Our family of four requires connections for 4 laptops, 2 ipods, 2 smartphones and an iPad.

I had to call a 1-800 number to get just one more connection. They would not provide connections for the mobile devices. Apparently limit has been set by this hotel.

Once I got my laptop connected, my daughter's laptop was booted, so I had to call once again. This time, I spoke to a very "snotty" person on the help desk who finally got my daughter's laptop connected. No smartphones or tablets were allowed to be connected.

It is important to know that this system logs IP addresses, so if you initially connect with three smartphones, you will not be able to connect with any of your other devices without jumping through hoops. Bad luck if you are not a Marriott Rewards member. The help desk person too pains to tell me that the only reason they were allowing us a 4th device was because a) the front desk authorized it and b) we were Marriott Rewards members.

I struggle to see a hotel can attempt to gain business traffic with this strange 3-device rule. A rule that doesn't even allow every guest in a suite to be able to connect to the net.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for providing the information regarding our new internet service.
Unfortunately while we were able to provide a stronger, more stable signal and service we were actually unaware that a device limit was in place.
We too had never been aware of this.
Rest assured that this issue and been resolved.
Hopefully you will join us again and everyone in the family will be able to connect.
We are so sorry you experienced this issue.