Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
$139
TownePlace Suites
$196
$179
Comfort Inn Shady Grove(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$123
$124
$169
  • Restaurant
$95
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$117
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfull kitchenrio centerdifferent buildingsbedroom suitewashingtonian centerbuy some groceriesmobile appmain buildingyogurtour home away from homewashington metrothe staff was friendly and helpfulvisit familylate checkoutplenty of parkingstayed here for nightswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this Residence Inn twice now, but we've also stayed at a number of other Marriott properties nearby (a Marriott, a Springhill Suites, a Towne Place Suites, and a Courtyard).

This property does have good rooms for a Residence Inn, but it also is fatally flawed in the way so many of them are.

It has the worst parking of any Residence Inn we've stayed at (and we've stayed at many from Rhode Island to Florida and this was our fifth Residence Inn in five weeks). And what little parking they have that's near an entrance for obvious reasons tends to be full. What's more, they reserve a spot for their van in a fairly prime space near the front desk and then park that van elsewhere on the property!

And, if you have luggage, if you can find a parking space and a luggage cart, you're in for a long haul to an entrance and then to your room.

Ironically, the very best parking available if you are in the right building are three spaces (there are only three there) on the street outside the entrance to the property. We took one of those during our second night.

The staff basically doesn't seem to care about guests. Your reception isn't particularly welcoming. Anyone would have noticed that the door to the bathroom squeaked loudly, but clearly nothing had been done about it. I plugged in my computer to a socket on the desk, but there was no electricity to that socket and my computer, rather than charging, ran down overnight.

And speaking of computers, when I asked for help when I couldn't acquire a connection to the internet, I was told by the front desk that they didn't offer any help. If there was a problem, it was my problem or that of the internet service provider--essentially "leave me alone, it's not my job!"

The nights we were there this time did not have dinner service, but we did have one breakfast. What was available was mediocre, but the biggest problem is that the dining space is small and inevitably crowded. It's a real challenge to get to tables (if you can find a table) and many end up eating (or trying to eat) in lounge chairs. It's an obstacle course to get from where the food is to a place where you can try to eat. Very poor design--totally inadequate.

With the Marriott Corporation's headquarters in the D.C. area, you'd think this property would have been designed and would be operated better--but you'd be wrong!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Fredonian
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I recently met several members of my extended family for a reunion at the Marriott Residence Inn- Washingtonian Center. We chose this hotel because it was pet-friendly and we were able to book several different rooms on the same floor (I did not have my own pet with me this time, but some of my other family members did). Overall, I think this was a good choice. The rooms were large, the kitchens and bathrooms were nice, and the staff was very helpful. Although I only stayed here one night, some of my family members stayed for a week and they had similarly good experiences. The hotel was almost 100% occupied throughout my family’s stay (which is amazing, especially in this economy), so my guess is that a lot of other travelers must like this hotel too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I had several issues with my stay. I had no water at one point, I had nobody assist me with this. I called and spoke with some kid who was supposedly the Assistant General Manager, he was of no help at all. He offered the worst solutions, I could go down the street to the gym and shower there, that's what he suggested! Are you kidding me?? I spoke with a woman who was the Director of Sales, she was some rude old woman who couldn't care about customer service to save her life, they had my money already and they didn't care at that point. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER stay at this hotel,not to save my life. The staff and managers are the worst i've ever seen. Mean and rude, have yourmoney so who cares about the cusotmer afer that, apparently

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank BlahBlah55
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Never been to a hotel without hot water and no shower in the morning. That's what happened in this hotel. The entire building B had no hot water for many hours !!

Front desk staff Daniel got very short and impatient with guests as everyone complaint about it and she couldn't understand why it is a big deal. She blamed engineer and couldn't handle the situation professionally and politely. Her manager needs to give her more customer service training.

Although the hotel building is at par with other Residence Inn, lack of hot shower is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE !!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flyingmg
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Very good place to stay. The manager is always at the lobby seeking to help you.
Excellent breakfast and attention.
Wonderfull.