Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stay away from this filthy hotel, manager manuel he doesn;t know how to treat guest , front desk staff always friendly nice location although the rooms were a complete disaster hair in bathtub hair and stains in bed linen stained bathtowels a big no no stay away from this hotel there are plenty of hotels in the area

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank paul m
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I normally don't leave reviews, but I must say after our stay of several weeks at this property, I am impressed with the phenomenal customer service Miariam provides to all her guests day in , day out. We can tell the days when she is working, the mornings she is there the hallways smell fresh, the lobby is freshly vacummed, breakfast is in order, and all we see is her smiling face greeting everyone with such positive and friendly attitude. Every time I have had an issue, she makes sure it gets resolved, and takes the time to call and follow up and ensure everything is satisfactory. Besides being amazing at what she does, she is definitely a gorgeous woman. Now about the hotel, itself we do like it , the staff is friendly, they need a paint job, some new carpet in rooms, new sofas, and better variety of channels, or better tv services anytime before it rains or snows the cable is out!! That part really is a major negative, and the WI FI is slow beyond belief, a inconvenience on days I have to work from home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Mariam, she is indeed a valuable member of our team. We appreciate all the feedback regarding our rooms as well. We are currently undergoing renovations and hope that you'll see the improvements in all aspects of our hotel during your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Based on the reviews I had read, this place was portrayed as a dump. But it actually wasn't as bad as the reviews state. Also if trying to determine what hotel you get on priceline by looking at reviews and star ratings, don't confuse this hotel with the one directly next store. The one next store has been fully renovated and is a higher star level. That is what happened to me I thought I would be getting the fully renovated hotel. It looks like they have done some renovations as the lobby and the hallways look fairly new. And the wood flooring in the kitchen and bathroom area in room looks new. They still need to replace the stained furniture and carpeting in the room. The kitchen was clean, but I didn't use it as I was not comfortable using the kitchen utensils, plates, and pots. You just never know how housekeeping goes about cleaning these items or what others have done when using the items. So I just stuck to cold and microwavable food, and purchased my own plastic wear. There was a smell on my floor and I not sure if it was someones cooking or if it was just a strange smell of the hotel, but you could only smell it in the hallway not in the room, thankfully. There are limited channels available on the TV. The bedding was thin and cheap, but adequate. The towels wear hard and scratchy. Water pressure was good, and the hot water stayed hot. The internet was low speed, so when streaming TV shows online, they kept freezing so that was annoying. The Grab and Go breakfast wasn't adeqate for me the only thing I could find that I would eat was a granola bar and it was a small bar. The fruit was badly bruised and I think that was all that was available. During check-in I had to wait for about 15-20 for the attendant to return to the desk. No apologies from him for the wait. Not as long of a wait during check-out, but still a wait. I have never been to a hotel were the attendant is allowed to leave the front desk area just because. I could see if they were attending to a guest, but they were not. Parking was plentiful. Overrall the hotel was adequate, but it was well below what I am used to in a hotel. Thereful, I will never bid on a 1* room on Priceline, and I would not purposely plan to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Robert W, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the new hotel manager here at the Extended Stay Gaithersburg South. I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. I truly do appreciate your honest comments and perceptions. You have my sincerest apologies that everything was not quite to your liking, and that there was some confusion regarding Priceline's booking placement. As you have noticed we have begun some renovations and will be undergoing a complete renovation like our sister property next door in the very near future. Please rest assured that I will be following up with my front desk guest service representatives in regards to any prolonged absences from their station. I really hope that you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future when in the area.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely;

Robert Whaley
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel has a very convenient location, its clean and attractive, has coffee and fruit, and unlike many Extended Stay Hotels, it has a fitness center. There are also trails in the woods that begin just two blocks from the door. But most importantly, the staff will go above and beyond to help the guest. When we accidentally put in the wrong date when we booked our reservation with Priceline, Priceline would not correct this mistake for us without charging additional money (and lots of hassle), but Manuel at Extended Stay would. Even though we booked through Priceline, he changed the dates to the correct ones for us at no extra charge. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel staff. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel accommodations and our fitness center . Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room furniture is so old. The couch covers are very dirty. The carpets are very old and smells very bad. The ventilation fan in the bathroom makes very big noise. We got bug bites on bed. We had to change our room during our stay. We will never stay at Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: We really need to check the reputation of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank soojong

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the conditions of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue improving our facilities moving forward. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mmendoza@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.