“I would rather stay at a fraternity house,and I am old!”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The place smells bad,thank goodness the windows open, the chair in the room was broken, the furniture abused. There was a used bandaid in the hall, the bed had never Ben vacuumed under.
There was no shampoo! I reserved the room under Expedia, they rated it a two and a half star... It was hardly a one!
This is the first time that Expedia has let me down. I usually can count on a two and a half or three for being nice! Shame on them for listing this at that star level!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank robcoppock
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was the 2nd room I was offered.... The first one smelled like rotten eggs.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sam b
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Currently laying in my bed @ the ESD it's a nice hotel however the housekeepers are a joke! Don't expect your room to be spotless cause it is not gonna be. We were on the 2nd floor but moved due to conservative neighbors! Who complained about everything!!! The new room was ok outside of the broken bed, stains on walls & doorknob. I was a little irritated having to move rooms then have to clean the new room. Upside to that is it was one of the very few rooms that have a flatscreen tv.the breakfast is the cheapest you can get. Bagels coffee & fruit. In other words not worth getting up for. Now the staff is great! They will help you with your needs in a fast friendly manner. Marium is a complete sweetheart! Oh and there is a 7-11 literally out the front door so that was a plus. Also if ur afraid of bugs like me look elsewhere because they have a tiny bug issue but none in the beds.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank princess6969
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I booked the hotel for almost a week for a conference. I chose the Extended Stay Deluxe for access to a refrigerator/kitchen. I have stayed at one in the Springfield, VA area that is exceptional (so I had decent expectations). When I arrived here, however, I had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to get to the front desk to check in. She asked me where I wanted to stay? I said 3rd floor, but she said it would be smokey, so she put me on the first. Why did she ask? The hallway walking to my room had piles of very soiled linens and towels. The room itself had an awful, putrid stench. I did not put anything down before going to the store and buying cleaning products. When I turned on the air conditioner, it blew out a strong smell of mildew/mold. This combined with the general room smell triggered a migraine. The furniture is ALL outdated to the point I wasn't comfortable sitting on it. Every chair/couch had large stains. The floor had even more stains. For an extended stay place, it had no decent place to store clothes. It only has some plastic drawers that were dirty. Also, the kitchen lacked supplies for the average extended traveler. There were ants and bugs around the room. For every question I had, I had to call the hotel as there was never anyone at the front desk to assist. Needless to say, I left this hotel about an hour after arriving. The front desk was very rude when I turned in my keys. Thankfully, Expedia got me my money back, but please do not make the same mistake I did. Do not book a room at Extended Stay Deluxe, Gaithersburg MD!! I realize the price seems decent, but no reasonable price should come at the expense of basic sanitary conditions and general cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I took the grandchildren to Washington, DC for a 3 day vacation. We stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Gaithersburg. My three grandchildren range from 14 to 18. We had plenty of room with the king sized bed and the fold out couch. The kitchenette had everything. The staff was polite and helpful. The hotel is about three miles from the Shady Grove Metro station. I would park the car at the Metro station and would take the Metro to Washington, DC. The cost was about 60 percent of what I would normally pay. The facility is fairly new and is well maintained. I recommend the facility for any one who travels will children and likes to save money.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jkjelander
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Inexpensive ($109), clean, ok linens/mattress, attentive/friendly staff. I had to take my dog with me on a business trip and this dog-friendly motel worked well for us. There's lots of green space around for your Fido. The place appeared to be pretty full based on the parking lot - but was quiet (maybe because it seems to be mainly a place were business travelers stay) and felt safe. The place is kind of utilitarian - but hey, I was on a business trip and after all it is Gaithersburg - not exactly the asthetic capital of the world.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 3, 2006

There are 2 Extended Stay America at the same site. The one I review here is the one they call "Deluxe". I stayed at the 2nd floor. First the hallway smelt like someone has vomited in it. When I got into room 221, the stink there was so acute, I went back down and got a room change. And I avoided the elevator because it smelt of pee. I will never go back again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)