This is not a complete overall review of the hotel as it's meant to document two incidents that have occurred recently.
I've been staying at the hotel during the work week for almost two years. My girlfriend has joined me most of the past year as she works in the room while I'm at the office.
Twice in the last month, there's been two incidents where the same male cleaning staff has entered the room when he shouldn't have. The first incident was he knocked. When my girlfriend yelled NOT to come in, he came in anyways. As it turned out, she was in her underwear after a shower.
Yesterday, it happened again with the same person. My girlfriend just came back to the room, so she didn't lock the door right away. The cleaning person came in WITHOUT knocking. She immediately told him to leave.
After the first incident, we told one of the management staff. She's a great person and we love her. But when we told the property manager and the housekeeping manager of the problem yesterday, both parties mentioned that they weren't told of the problem that occurred the first time. This tells me that either this previous incident wasn't considered "serious" or it means that they don't have appropriate communication to escalate when things happen.
My girlfriend feels extremely violated and I'm very upset about the two incidents. We're hoping that this male cleaner is NOT allowed to ever be assigned to our room. Without going through all the details, he is not at the same level as the female cleaner at the property.
According to my girlfriend, the cleaning person's English is excellent. According to the manager, he not hearing impaired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended-stay hotel in Gaithersburg, an all-suites hotel designed for the busy traveler, features spacious layouts with luxurious bedding and full kitchens that include a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stove top. Start your morning with a complimentary copy of USA Today from the lobby and a workout in our 24-hour fitness center. Keep hunger at bay with our 24-hour convenience market. And stay connected with free wireless Internet. Other amenities at our Gaithersburg, MD hotel include BBQ, daily housekeeping and complimentary local phone calls. When traveling to the DC area, TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg offers comfort, convenience and a friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Towneplace Suites