“This is my go to hotel when in Gaithersburg”

Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What can I say we love this hotel. They have completely remodeled the lobby and restaurant areas. We have been staying at this hotel for many years when in the Gaithersburg location. The location can't be beat. Many restaurants and lots of shopping all within walking distance along with a movie theatre. Ask for a lake front view and enjoy the views. Love the staff here. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center on TripAdvisor. I love reading such positive feedback from our guests. I will personally make sure to share your comments with our staff so they know of your appreciation for their efforts. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Great hotel and near a beautiful lake, movie theater and a strip with lots of places to eat and shop.. Staff was great and friendly.. They were willing to move our rooms around so we could have adjoining rooms, as requested, with my boyfriend. Only issue my son had was that there was no pool. Otherwise, wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for posting your review about the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your requests and that you enjoyed your stay. It's always great to hear when we're able to exceed expectations. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a pretty standard full service Marriott. Lobby full of attentive sycophants, average concierge lounge, comfortable rooms, and most importantly - close to where I have business to conduct. The first few nights were - average. Not being a seafood eater, having three choices of seafood in the concierge lounge was disappointing the first night, but it's not like I miss a lot of meals. Since I have several more weeks of work coming up in this area I was planning on making arrangements here again. Not the cheapest place, but again - average for a full service Marriott. Until tonight. The hotel decided to host two functions of over 500 people total (according to one of the wait staff). The parking lot holds MAYBE 300 cars. Returning to the room at about 6:45 - very tired and looking to prepare for tomorrow's meetings before sacking out there was no parking within several blocks. I parked in the check in loop to ask what guests should do for parking. There were three people waiting to check in and NO ONE at the desk. I went up to the room to see what my options might be, and finding none went back to the front desk to ask about parking where one of the smiling sycophants informed me that anywhere in the lot would be fine since they offer free parking. I asked her if she thought that was funny. I moved my car about four blocks away in what I THINK is a legitimate parking space. I will now NOT be able to sack out or prepare for tomorrow since I am packing to leave early tomorrow and will have to move my car later when the events end.

A classy hotel would arrange for such events without kicking out their guests. A classy hotel would have let their guests know that parking would be an issue. A classy hotel would have reserved guest spaces. If the fire marshal shows up, they would be in trouble since there are cars parked EVERYWHERE, even in the fire lanes. This hotel did apparently nothing to prevent this violation. I wonder what would happen if there really were an emergency this evening. Seems to me they would have arranged parking elsewhere and provided a shuttle for the event people. But I'm not in the hospitality industry. What do I know? Well, I do know this - I'll leave in the morning, checking out a day early, and make my future arrangements in the area elsewhere. I would encourage you to do the same. As much as this hotel has to commend itself - they blew it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear about your concerns with the parking last Thursday. I certainly undertstand how frustrating that can be. I'm happy to dicsuss the matter with you, should you like. I can be reached at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Best regards and thanks again,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel over Thanksgiving break; the staff was fantastic. Amy at the front desk was very accomodating and took time to ensure that my reservation requests were handled properly. She recalled my name upon site as I was checking out, which was a nice touch. The staff that we came into contact with were very personable. Excellent location, will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Lawrence - thanks for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor about your stay with us over Thanksgiving. Amy is great and we'll make sure she's recognized appropriately. We'll hope to see you again at the Gaithersburg Marriott on your next trip to the area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My stay at this hotel achieved my most important requirement, no hassles. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting about your stay at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was hassle-free. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stay here every time we visit the area. Convenient to the interstate, no hassle free parking, walk to dining and shopping at Rio, walk around the lake. Recently remodeled inside and very nice. Staff top notch. Weekend rates very good, a little pricey during the week.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hello Mike -- thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you had a nice weekend and enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. Complimentary parking is definitely an asset that our guests enjoy. We'll see you on your next weekend getaway.

Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is quite near to my house. I also have a lake in my backyard so when I was offered a one-night stay at the Marriott Washingtonian Center, I had to think about it. Am I glad I took this gift from my generous sister!

What really made me decide to stay here was the convenience of the theaters near it and the oh so many dining places. Cafe de Luxe, Nando's Peri Peri, and California Kitchen are my favorites! So I asked a girlfriend to join me that night and she was happy to do it. We needed to be away from house chores and just have fun. Sometimes also away from your good husband. Girls should also have a night out.

You don't need to be on vacation to stay here. I think all of us needs a break once in a while where our bedroom is made up the next day and you can get service any time of the day or night. Since it's near our neighborhood, Rio is a place frequented by friends. That night, we had some visitors who ate dinner there and they visited us in our hotel room on the 9th floor. They loved the view from our hotel especially that you can see the water and the trees from afar bursting in fall colors. We had a great time with friends and then my 11 year old nephew called and asked us to join them for dinner at California Kitchen. All we had to do was walk out of our hotel and we were there in less than 5 minutes.

Later, we decided to see a movie at 9:15 p.m. We saw "Great Expectations" and not really our type of movie. There was only two of us and later two more came for a total of 6 for the entire viewing of that movie. It just wasn't our type of movie at all. But the movie did pick up after a long while. Thank God I wasn't going to drive home since home that night was Marriott hotel and we were spared from driving to our real homes.

When we got to the hotel and getting ready to sleep, I noticed the comforters! They don't use those bulky comforters anymore and the color was pure sparkling white you knew it was clean! These are my kind of comforters. I LOVE IT!

Dunes Manor Hotel in Ocean City did this too and got rid of those bulky comforters that probably don't get washed as often as we'd like. But these very thin covers were fantastic! The bed was very comfortable and my back was so happy sleeping in it. We really slept very well that night. We slept so good that I overslept. That never happens to me at home. My body has it's own built-in alarm clock and I wake up at 6:00 a.m. everyday even on weekends. By the time we finished dressing up, it was time to check out at noon.

So if you just want to have a night out with girlfriends, please do not hesitate to stay here. I strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors for a good view.