“Fantastic Hotel with Friendly Staff Close to Washington DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Hotel with Friendly Staff Close to Washington DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was my first time at the hotel, and I was very impressed. It is truly a fantastic hotel with friendly staff. Right from the beginning, we received a warm welcome and excellent service from Cira at the front desk. Having booked a standard room I was pleasantly surprised to be informed that I had been chosen as the Priority Club member of the day and that we were to be upgraded to one of their gorgeous suites.

The room was extremely clean and overall very nice. It featured all the amenities including a comfortable king bed, full entertainment center, walk-in shower, and sauna. Breakfast in the morning was great as well with plenty of options to choose from and great service. Many thanks to all the Holiday Inn Staff.

Lastly it was a great location being only minutes from the Shady Grove metro station into DC. I will definitely stay at this location again, if travels take me back to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Inn is located just off exit 11 of I-270 on MD 124 N. It was very easy to find and is centrally located to use as a base to explore the surrounding area. We did not use the restaurant facilities because of our schedule. We did find the staff both helpful and courteous. The room was clean. The only negitive was that the ice machine on our floor was not working during our stay (3 nights).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for sharing your nice comments about our helpful and courteous staff as well as our clean rooms. Sorry about the ice machine being down unfortunately the part was on order and for that I appologize. We look forward to your next visit!

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Another excellent experience at this Holiday Inn. Great staff. Thanks to all of you!!!!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in this geographical area. Also, the bartender (Richard?) is truly a professional. The restaurant was busy, so I ordered dinner at the bar which also was full. He didn't miss a beat, no one had to wait. He performed the way a professional bartender should - always looking at customers while working to ensure they don't have to wait. Great job all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel restaurant, O'Malleys, was a horrible restaurant. Slow service & below average food. Hotel & rooms were average. Room was kind of dingy. Room never had enough towels. Liked the bedding though. Pool area had a strong chemical smell & irritated the kids' eyes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We apologize for the shortfall during your recent stay with us. We have taken note of your comments and will use them to improve the quality of service we offer to our guest.
Rest assured, we will address this and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.
We hope you will give us a chance in future.

Safe travels!
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Check in process was easy, even though they didn't know I was a priority club member at first (although I booked it on the priority club site with my number). The room was well used; although still fully functional; just looked worn. Beds and pillows were perfect. I was a bit taken back that my booked meeting room was on the 8th floor, but later found out that there was another large group in the main conference rooms that obviously took first priority since I never really talked with anyone and had to ask for my board room to be opened and had to wait for it to be setup a few minutes before my meeting started. There was also a few large groups with about 7 buses between them staying at the hotel, which slowed everything down and made everything busy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the delay in having your meeting room open. I have addressed that with the Department Head. I would like to thank you for being a Priority Club Member and wish you safe travels. We look forward to serving you in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while in town for a wedding. The hotel is very easy to find. Upon check in, the staff was very friendly, and helpful. When I originally made the reservation, it was supposed to be for two nights, but for some reason, they only had us down for one night. They were able to add the second night, and gave us a discount for staying with the wedding party (originally the discount was only for the first night). The hotel and rooms were very clean. We had a King size bed which was actually very comfortable. the rooms were not anything out of the ordinary. I think the only complaint I had about the rooms were how noisy the air conditioning units were. I know a couple of other guests with the wedding said theirs was very loud as well.
We had breakfast at the restaurant which was pretty good. They had a breakfast buffet which was a little on the small, side selection wise and a little overpriced, but it was decent tasting food. The bar they had at the hotel wasn't open until 4, so we didn't spend much time there, but the staff did keep it open a little later to accommodate the wedding party for the rehearsal and after the wedding itself. It would have been nice if they were open a little earlier for lunch by the pool.
Overall, we had a very nice time, and if your in the area, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

They went above and beyond to make my stay great. Anytime I came from the Metro they pick me up. I was given a complimentary welcome basket. They had a really good breakfast buffet in the morning time. They have a different breakfast every morning. They always greeted me with a smile. I want to thank all of their employees for going above and beyond to make my stay great.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments and the review of our hotel. We will be sure to share your comment about our Breakfast Buffet with our Chef. We will also share your review with our entire team here at the hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future and wish you all the best!

Melvin Nichols
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
HYATT house Gaithersburg
HYATT house Gaithersburg
#3 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 362 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!