Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
$124
TownePlace Suites
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$152
$139
SpringHill Suites
Comfort Inn Shady Grove(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
$118
$244
$195
$95
ExtendedStay
All reviewsnorth towerbreakfast buffetfront desk staffmy home away from homemicrowave and refrigeratorrooms were very cleanchecking infitness centerbusiness tripgaithersburg areaplenty of parkingparking garagedefinitely stay here againshuttle servicebarackmauriciodc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Let me start by saying, this is a nice hotel with spacious rooms. There is a pub within the hotel that serves dinner, and a cafe that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I did not visit either, but I did order breakfast via room service two of the three mornings. The food was delivered HOT, they offered large portions, and it was sooo tasty! (Both times.) By the way, if you are a Priority Rewards member through the hotel, you get a choice of either a free drink in their pub, or free breakfast in their cafe....just FYI. The front desk staff and people I came into contact with through room service, were all very friendly. I did not visit the pool nor the gym.... Oh, and there's a parking garage! That's FREE! It's behind the hotel, just follow the parking lot around to the hotel's left side (your right when facing the hotel). It was snowing this past weekend when I visited, so that came in handy. Its walkway leads right into the back of the hotel. (Hotel key accessible only.)

As for the hotel vicinity, there's a mall and a Costco around the corner. Right next door to the hotel is a Wells Fargo, and on the other side of that is a restaurant that serves Korean/Japanese cuisine (as stated by their sign). I did not try this place, but I did try a deli located in the CitiBank building behind the hotel. That was a bad idea. I ordered a bowl of chili and a gyro ( I was starving, lol).... both were just "so-so", but I guess I should have stuck to a salad or a sub sandwich.

Now for the "I should have listened" part.... I read a review that complained of bed bugs, but many others seemed to have no problems, so I thought what the heck.... Well, I am back home, sitting at my desk, typing this review, and closely monitoring my bug bites. It started with just one after the first night, but I thought nothing of it. After the second night they'd multiplied. Bed bugs? Perhaps? I thought of asking the housekeeper on my floor but she didn't seem to enthusiastic when I approached her just to ask for extra coffee. So I figured asking about anything more would be a stretch.

So will I return to this location, no. Will I recommend this location? Probably not. There are several other hotels in the area and I wish I would have just paid the $10-$20 more per night to stay there. But keep in mind this may have just been my room and not a hotel-wide issue.

1  Thank TX-Nurs
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay and tell us your feedback. Thank you for sharing with us how friendly you found our front desk staff to be! We will be sure to pass along your nice comments about your room service breakfast to our Chef, I am sure that will make him very happy and proud. We take the matter of bedbugs extremely seriously and our hotel rooms are thoroughly cleaned and inspected by our trained Housekeeping Team. We also have Steritech, one of the industry’s most prominent pest control providers, that conduct monthly inspections of our hotel. If you would like to discuss your stay please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

(301) 948-8900
Melvin.Nichols@BFSaul.com

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The rooms were well proportioned, very well maintained, clean and attention to details were noted by the cleaning staff. I enjoyed the upgraded on shampoo and lotion, not the typical
Five and Dime experience. The location was conveinent to the interstate. The breakfast was hot, and had a large selection of fresh fruit, juices, cereals, yogurt, etc. Sign up for Holiday Inn
frequent traveler and receive upgrades, ie, king bed, breakfast,etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear W0nderfulLife,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide us with the details of your stay. I am very pleased you had an enjoyable stay and were happy with our amenities and our location! I will be sure to share your nice comments about breakfast with our Chef! We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a nice quite hotel.I stayed there for 1 night during out visit to Washington.Its a clean,quiet hotel.However there is no breakfast provided.The staff and front desk was polite and co-operative.

Room Tip: Try to take room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We originally booked for New Year's Eve, but my husband was sick with the flu so we rescheduled for the following wknd. We got the heart to heart special and it was wonderful!! We actually live in the area, but felt like we had been away for the wknd, even though we only spent one night. The check in was great and the manager on duty- Georges Duncan (?) was quite pleasant. When we arrived at our room, there was a bottle of chilled champagne, wrapped glasses and chocolate (part of the pkg). The shower was wonderful! Although I wish they had kept in the fan in the bathroom- not a big deal just a mention. The front desk called to make sure that our room was ok. Finally- room service was absolutely delicious!! Nice, big portions! The breakfast was good with a nice variety. We definitely plan on staying here again for a budget friendly staycation!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us sorry to hear that your husband was sick with the flu but happy to hear that you were able to reschedule your visit! I will be sure to pass along your nice comments to George as well as the front desk team.The Chef will be happy to hear that you enjoyed both breakfast and room service I am sure! Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times since Nov. 2012. The service has been great. The people working there are friendly and very knowledgeable of the area. I would recommend if in the DC area. O’Malley’s Pub has great food. The breakfast buffet was great for the price.