“awesome place to stay”

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is the hotel that we stay at whenever there is inclement weather, and the stay is always great. The staff is very helpful and I have had no problems with any of the other services. Definitely a great place to go and stay if in need of a hotel in Gaithersburg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is a dump. I chose it because other holiday inns I have stayed at have been renovated and are nice. The renovation train has clearly not made its way to Gaithersburg. The furniture was 80's style and there was a huge brown stain behind my bed. The lady in the gift shop was on the phone the entire time while I was checking out and didn't even make eye contact.

At a $140 per night this was far less than a bargain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Mike H.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I only wish it could have been more positive.I am sincerely disappointed that your expierence did not live up to your expectations. I asuure you that our rooms are clean and maintained on a daily basis. We value your feedback and will look very closely in your areas of concern including the Gift Shop. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so we may have a chance to show a better expereience. We wish you safe travels.

The Hoilday Inn Gaithersburg Team

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Everyone here truly 'gets' customer service. There is consistency across the board: front desk, catering, room service, maintenance, restaurant personnel. Staff consistently anticipates guest needs. Following a recent business presentation, some materials were left in the meeting room. The duty catering manager located, contacted me and made faxing arrangements for items that had to be received next a.m. by corporate. Thanks to that quick response, what could have been a significant logistics setback was resolved seamlessly. There's no other site in DC metro that we'd prefer using for regular business presentations. Thanks Holiday Inn Gaithersburg!!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here three nights while work was being performed on our home. Our first pleasant surprise was that we were allowed to bring our cats with us without paying an extra charge, and that was the first of many happy discoveries.

Both the common areas and our room were very clean. The breakfast buffet in the Village Park Cafe had a nice array of the usual foods - eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, toast, pastries, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruits, juices and coffee. But there were daily variations as well - cheese blintzes, waffles, French toast. We had several dinners in the Pub on the lower level of the hotel - also very good. And yes, the Chicken Monterey was delicious.

Topping everything was the hospitality. All of the hotel staff were welcoming, cheerful and very helpful. We would strongly recommend this Holiday Inn for that reason alone.

By the way, if you are here during good weather and have a desire to go for a pleasant walk, the Town of Washington Grove is within an easy drive. Its interesting (and not altogether proud history) can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Grove,_Maryland. Today many of the "streets" (probably laid out for carriages) are open only for pedestrian traffic. The homes are interesting and the trees are really lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen C
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

I am glad to hear that you and your family had a nice and enjoyable stay with us and that you would strongly recommend our hotel. We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Staff in this facility were amazing. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Very helpful. One morning they were out of the chocolate milk cartons so the manager in the breakfast area went into the back and mixed a glass of chocolate milk.. Never has that happened at any other hotel i have been too. Rooms were nice and comfortable. I only wished I had a microwave and fridge like the identical rooms across the hall did.
Food was just okay in the cafeteria. I stayed for 2 weeks and not once did I get any beef product that was remotely good. Chicken was good, fish was okay and the vegetables were the same everyday. Dessert was a plus though for variety, as was selection of fruit. Salad bar was nothing to be desired. Overall based soley on treatment by staff I would go there again

Room Tip: make sure you specify if you want a fridge and microwave otherwise you get what is available
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Team and our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments about our food with our Chef. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

.... you'll love the Chicken Monterey dish in the Village Park Café. Great dish. Great value. And the very attentive staff just added to a great meal. By the way, I didn't stay in the hotel, I just used the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Barry K 1953,

Thank you very much for your review of our Chicken Monterey I will be sure to share your review with the Chef and wait staff in the Village Park Cafe. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the meal.
Thanks again and we look for ward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Customer service was outstanding! Waitstaff went above and beyond to make it a home away from home experience. Shuttle service made not having a vehicle a nonissue. Food was excellent, and O'malleys bar downstairs provided access to lunch and dinners choice as well as having several big screen TVs to watch. Overall, a pleasing hotel experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower came with mini fridge and microwave combo. Nice to have in room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Randal S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and Team on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel and Team to be outstanding during your recent stay. I will be sure to past along your nice words to the Team and the Chef as well. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Safe Travels