“Absolutely wonderful stay -- better than years ago”

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Since I have family that live in Gaithersburg, I've stayed at various hotels in the Gaithersburg area over the years. I remembered the Holiday Inn as being "just okay" years ago.
This time, we had a terrific stay. They were the only hotel in the area that had a fully wheelchair accessible room that connected with another room; this was a requirement, as I was traveling with my 87 year old father. We needed both peace of mind (connecting rooms) and wheelchair access.
The rooms, although not super-spacious, were clean and well appointed. The beds were ultra-comfortable, with great pillows. The front desk staff was polite and responsive. They even provided us with a hospitality room where we could gather a group of family members to eat and bring in our own food, given the specific food and health needs of our family.
Most importantly, although the hotel was extremely busy when we were there, they actually got our reservation RIGHT. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear rap-mom,

We are glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay at our hotel! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your stay. We will share your nice comments with our Team here at the hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

The Holidy Inn Gaithersburg Team

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently and they always find new ways to accommodate me. Room service is fast and the food great, and Manuel always has a smile on his face. The front desk always works with me on all my various business needs, and the wait staff always makes sure I'm taken care of. Overall its a convenient location and a clean modern hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

WarrenBommermil,

Thanks for your nice comments about the Team and the hotel.I will be sure to share them with the Team. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next visit!

Thanks!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. It was clean and comfortable. I ate dinner in the bar/restaurant. Dinner wasn't bad and was reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Mr. Ryckman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel onTripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to hosting you again when you are in town.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn for three weeks while attending a Navy course. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. The front desk staff was outstanding, Kathy was always professional, courteous and has a great personality. I would definately stay again if I'm ever in town.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Msteneith,

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel our front desk team and Kathy! I will be sure to let her and the team know about your review. Safe travels and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I have been at this hotel several times on business over the past couple of years. I yet to have a bad experience. I really appreciate the candid and professional assistance provided by the front desk staff, especially Ms. Katherine and Mr. Isidro, who went out of their ways to assist our group during our recent stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear NavMed,

First thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your kind comments about Ms. Katherine and Mr. Isidro I will be sure to share them with them. We hope to see you again in the near future and look forward to serving you.
Thanks again!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Due to the nature of my business, I stayed here for an extended period of time. Viktoriya and Georges were both extremely helpful in every issue I had. They made my stay comfortable and I definetly appreciated their willingness to please. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: North Tower more quiet, south tower better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear,CYP0626

Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. It is greatly appreciated! I will certainly pass along your comments to Viktoriya and George and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was travelling with 2 other companions, one on business, the other on vacation, along with myself. We needed 2 rooms and this hotel was recommended due to the proximity to the IBM business center. After viewing the reviews on here about bed bugs, we were very concerned, so we called the manager to express these concerns before booking the rooms. The manager did not deny there had previously been an issue, and explained that all of the rooms are now thoroughly and regularly inspected. We were also told that the hotel had been experiencing renovations over the past 2 years, and we were given 2 of the newly renovated rooms in the North tower on the 7th floor.

The rooms were absolutely beautiful, everything was new and extremely clean. My room was the smaller one and still had a microwave and mini fridge, in addition to being spacious, while the other room was equipped with a full kitchenette and was even more spacious in size. The beds were also incredibly comfortable, and there was a darkening shade on the window, so I slept very sound every night. The staff were extremely nice and very helpful, they assisted us in acquiring the hotel shuttle (included with the rooms) to and from the nearest metro station, from which it was easy to go to downtown DC.

Breakfast was included with the room, and there was a large, varied buffet provided in one of the dining areas every morning. All of the employees working in the breakfast dining area were also very nice and extremely personable. Upon checkout, we told the manager that our stay was extremely pleasant, and we could not have been happier with the accomodations. We had no concerns whatsoever with the previous bed bug issue, and were so happy with our stay that we extended it for one extra night. I would highly recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are in the North tower on the 7th floor, but they book up quickly, so try...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Interested Traveler,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and your kind comments. I would also like to thank you for choosing us for your most recent stay. Thanks again! we look forward to serving you in the future.
The Holiday Gaithersburg Team