“The hotel was exactly what we needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Findlay, Ohio
“The hotel was exactly what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We searched for weeks online ti find a decent priced hotel. We were concerned that the hotel would not be safe or clean due to the price but tried it thinking we could change after the first night. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The area was great and the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room was very large with room for everyone. We rode the metro everyday to DC and the staff was quite prompt in taking us and picking us up. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a clean, safe, inexpensive place to stay near DC.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Trojansblueandgold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I was just in town for business. Although my trip was short, the hotel was very nice. A pleasant surprise. Breakfast was complimentary and the front desk staff was helpful with directions to and from my meetings. The housekeepers on my floor were always smiling and the room was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to other business travelers as well.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I just finished a short stay here and I must say I was very pleased. The hotel was clean as previous reviews have stated, which is always a big plus with me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I chose to walk to the Metro into D.C. instead of using the shuttle. It was about a mile walk one way, easy walk nothing too strenuous. Metro ride was terrific into D.C., it took about 45 minutes and it was a nice chance to relax on the way back to the hotel after walking around D.C. all day. Breakfast was ample, and on Tuesday evenings they have a manager reception with wine and snacks, which I thought was a nice touch. The hotel was a great find and value rather than spending a fortune in D.C. This is by no means a reflection on the hotel but I found the driving a little confusing in this area even with my GPS. Also one day I drove to Mt. Vernon and the traffic was horrendous from here. All in all though the hotel was a great value and I would recommend it to friends in the future, but would let them know of the congestion and advise them to use more of the Metro.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

This was a great place for us to stay. We went to the National Zoo and the Smithsonian. The pool was very refreshing. The free breakfast in the morning was better than most that I have ever had at a hotel. I really liked the waffles! The shuttle to and from the Metro station was very handy. I never moved my car for our entire stay. There are restaurants right there within a block and a gas station/convenient store right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tmmcd
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We had such a wonderful stay. The Front Desk staff was exceptional. They were very helpful by giving detailed directions to our various destinations and traveling with kids we truly appreciated it.

The hotel itself was very beautifully maintained. Their pool was perfect for our kids and they had something that I have not seen at any other hotel I have stayed in. They had a picnic area which was great allowing our kids to run around. The rooms were kept very clean and the housekeeping staff was always smiling. Breakfast was a delightful treat. They had an assortment of food set up for us in the mornings. It truly was one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Arax2535
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

My colleagues and I enjoyed our stay. The staff was very freindly. I highly recommend this hotel to any business travelers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ToledoLisa2
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Great price. Good location, given the close proximity to the Metro station. Shuttle service is a great amenity, but van needs to be bigger--lots of people use it. One day we walked to the station--wasn't a bad walk. Computer availability is a perk, but there is only one--lots of kids on it when we were there. Has a guest laundry, but it's only 2 washers & 2 dryers--not quite enough to go around for the whole hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are older but very clean. Pool was great--would be great if it closed at dusk instead of 8PM (still plenty of light in July). Breakfast was great--a very big selection, more than the usual (even for the deluxe) at the Comfort Inns. Was there on a Tuesday for the Manager's Reception from 5:30PM to 7PM--beer, wine, soda, hot appetizers--very nice! Definitely an older hotel, but well worth the price--we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MooMoo502
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
#8 of 16 in Rockville
4.0 of 5 stars 226 reviews
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!