“great experience, very pet-friendly”

Comfort Inn Shady Grove
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here four nights with my beagle. They only charged $15 per night for the pet fee, no up-front fee in addition, which is much better than most places. There is a big and well-lit yard to walk dogs. I felt perfectly safe walking my dog, even at night (I am a young female). The room was nice and very clean - the bed was comfortable, there was a small fridge & microwave, the bathroom was big with lots of countertop space. Everyone at the front desk was extremely nice and accomodating. It's a bit more expensive than other motel chains (but not by much) but for the safety and comfort that I had while staying here, it was totally worth it. If I am in the area again I will definitely be staying here.

I cannot comment on the restaurant or room service because I did not utilize them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Adrienne R

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We just spent 3 nights at the Shady Grove Hotel and really enjoyed our stay. Food was superb. Room very quiet and comfortable. The shuttle was a lovely surprise so we could take the Metro downtown and avoid hassle of parking. We definitely recommend this hotel. Gerry and Bernie

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank brickens2
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Recently we visited the DC area for the first time and found the staff at this hotel to be amazing! From the moment we arrived everyone was so helpful and positive and we appreciated their assistance and guidance. We went into DC on the metro and they dropped us off at the station and then picked us up when we returned. Our room was comfortable and very clean (the water bottles were such a nice amenity). We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis F H
Reviewed February 5, 2014

What a great staff to be with away from home,Thank you all for your great help with my aunty,expecialy Yolanda Mendez can't thank you enough.Would recomend any one staying in that area."Home away from Home"

Musya

Room Tip: Look no where else for great customer service.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kami M
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I could not have been more pleased with my stay at this hotel! I was in the area for work related training and was very pleased with these accomidations. Everything was very clean and even the Christmas decorations were welcoming. Every memebr of the staff I encountered was pleasant and helpful. My training was down in Rockville, the hotel provided a shuttle to and from the Metro ANY TIME I needed it. The area itself has great dining options. I actually could have stayed at a much higher priced hotel that week but chose this one because of the free parking and free hot breakfast. I have no regrets and will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheila N
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here with our two little dogs while visiting family over the Holidays. Friendly staff, convenient location and very comfortable bed. The only reason I did not give it an excellent rating is due to the fact that our room was not made up one time out of our four day stay. Also, the room safe was not in service our first day, yet we were charged a dollar a day for usage of the safe.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Easy access off the freeway, wonderful shuttle service to metro or local area businesses. The staff was very friendly; did not matter who you ran into in the hotel, they had a smile and said hello.
Breakfast was okay, same thing 5 mornings in a row got a little old though. Night auditor was not certain of what times the shuttle ran (stated "I'm just the night auditor") so made the first morning a little uncertain.
Overall great location, staff and clean/fresh rooms!

Room Tip: Had a room just around the corner from the elevator/vending/ice and couldn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
1 mi away
SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
#7 of 14 in Gaithersburg

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!