“Wonderful experience!”

Comfort Inn Shady Grove
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Recently we visited the DC area for the first time and found the staff at this hotel to be amazing! From the moment we arrived everyone was so helpful and positive and we appreciated their assistance and guidance. We went into DC on the metro and they dropped us off at the station and then picked us up when we returned. Our room was comfortable and very clean (the water bottles were such a nice amenity). We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis F H

Reviewed February 5, 2014

What a great staff to be with away from home,Thank you all for your great help with my aunty,expecialy Yolanda Mendez can't thank you enough.Would recomend any one staying in that area."Home away from Home"

Musya

Room Tip: Look no where else for great customer service.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kami M
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I could not have been more pleased with my stay at this hotel! I was in the area for work related training and was very pleased with these accomidations. Everything was very clean and even the Christmas decorations were welcoming. Every memebr of the staff I encountered was pleasant and helpful. My training was down in Rockville, the hotel provided a shuttle to and from the Metro ANY TIME I needed it. The area itself has great dining options. I actually could have stayed at a much higher priced hotel that week but chose this one because of the free parking and free hot breakfast. I have no regrets and will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheila N
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here with our two little dogs while visiting family over the Holidays. Friendly staff, convenient location and very comfortable bed. The only reason I did not give it an excellent rating is due to the fact that our room was not made up one time out of our four day stay. Also, the room safe was not in service our first day, yet we were charged a dollar a day for usage of the safe.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Easy access off the freeway, wonderful shuttle service to metro or local area businesses. The staff was very friendly; did not matter who you ran into in the hotel, they had a smile and said hello.
Breakfast was okay, same thing 5 mornings in a row got a little old though. Night auditor was not certain of what times the shuttle ran (stated "I'm just the night auditor") so made the first morning a little uncertain.
Overall great location, staff and clean/fresh rooms!

Room Tip: Had a room just around the corner from the elevator/vending/ice and couldn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions. During my latest visit to the States, I stayed here almost three weeks. For three weeks I tried to find an employee who didn't smile when spoken to, who wasn't helpful courteous and professional. I failed miserably. From the owner to the last of the employees, exemplary service. The reception people are fast, courteous and professional. Richard and Yolanda a particular winning combination. Housekeeping, kitchen staff, maintenance personnel. What can I say a real pleasure, not so easy to find in this day and age, but the Comfort Inn in Gaithersburg Md. have it down to a science. I truly hope I haven't forgotten any one, if so my apologies.

Room Tip: My only suggestion is to try and have a room without connecting doors, unless you need one for famil...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joel K
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We needed to visit an embassy in DC and wanted to find an affordable location on the Metro line without having to drive into DC. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was able to check in quickly. I asked about the distance to the Metro and was told hit was only a couple of lights down, however, they had a complementary shuttle and would be happy to transport us whenever we needed to go. I was presented with a business card with contact info for the shuttle. The room was very comfortable and clean. Loved the four pillows on each bed with options of soft or firm (two of each) on each bed. The beds were clean and very comfortable. Wonderful fluffy white comfort on the bed. We were on the fifth floor so it was quite and conducive to a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was one of the nicest I have seen. They had just about anything you would need or want. Staff was continually cleaning and replenishing during our visits and removing the trash. We asked about a shuttle the next morning and were quickly picked up and transported. I called when we arrived back at the station that evening (which was rush hour) and we were picked up at the same spot very quickly. Upon checkout we were again thanked for choosing their hotel. Our overall experience with this Comfort Inn location was everything we hoped for and then some. The staff was always pleasant and very helpful. I would highly recommend it for your visit to the DC area. The hotel is about a 30 minute Metro ride to the main Metro hub.

Room Tip: Upper floors very quite, elevators are quick.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!