New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

What a great staff to be with away from home,Thank you all for your great help with my aunty,expecialy Yolanda Mendez can't thank you enough.Would recomend any one staying in that area."Home away from Home"

Musya

Room Tip: Look no where else for great customer service.
Green Features: "home away from home" Landscaping designed to minimize flooding
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kami M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Farmville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I could not have been more pleased with my stay at this hotel! I was in the area for work related training and was very pleased with these accomidations. Everything was very clean and even the Christmas decorations were welcoming. Every memebr of the staff I encountered was pleasant and helpful. My training was down in Rockville, the hotel provided a shuttle to and from the Metro ANY TIME I needed it. The area itself has great dining options. I actually could have stayed at a much higher priced hotel that week but chose this one because of the free parking and free hot breakfast. I have no regrets and will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheila N
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here with our two little dogs while visiting family over the Holidays. Friendly staff, convenient location and very comfortable bed. The only reason I did not give it an excellent rating is due to the fact that our room was not made up one time out of our four day stay. Also, the room safe was not in service our first day, yet we were charged a dollar a day for usage of the safe.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Easy access off the freeway, wonderful shuttle service to metro or local area businesses. The staff was very friendly; did not matter who you ran into in the hotel, they had a smile and said hello.
Breakfast was okay, same thing 5 mornings in a row got a little old though. Night auditor was not certain of what times the shuttle ran (stated "I'm just the night auditor") so made the first morning a little uncertain.
Overall great location, staff and clean/fresh rooms!

Room Tip: Had a room just around the corner from the elevator/vending/ice and couldn't hear a thing!
Green Features: In room receptacles for recycle and well as re-use linen program, nice to see!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lisa F
Livnim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions. During my latest visit to the States, I stayed here almost three weeks. For three weeks I tried to find an employee who didn't smile when spoken to, who wasn't helpful courteous and professional. I failed miserably. From the owner to the last of the employees, exemplary service. The reception people are fast, courteous and professional. Richard and Yolanda a particular winning combination. Housekeeping, kitchen staff, maintenance personnel. What can I say a real pleasure, not so easy to find in this day and age, but the Comfort Inn in Gaithersburg Md. have it down to a science. I truly hope I haven't forgotten any one, if so my apologies.

Room Tip: My only suggestion is to try and have a room without connecting doors, unless you need one for famil...
Green Features: Sheets and towels changed on request and not automatically. Receptacles for recycling in evert room and in the public area
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joel K
Milton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We needed to visit an embassy in DC and wanted to find an affordable location on the Metro line without having to drive into DC. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was able to check in quickly. I asked about the distance to the Metro and was told hit was only a couple of lights down, however, they had a complementary shuttle and would be happy to transport us whenever we needed to go. I was presented with a business card with contact info for the shuttle. The room was very comfortable and clean. Loved the four pillows on each bed with options of soft or firm (two of each) on each bed. The beds were clean and very comfortable. Wonderful fluffy white comfort on the bed. We were on the fifth floor so it was quite and conducive to a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was one of the nicest I have seen. They had just about anything you would need or want. Staff was continually cleaning and replenishing during our visits and removing the trash. We asked about a shuttle the next morning and were quickly picked up and transported. I called when we arrived back at the station that evening (which was rush hour) and we were picked up at the same spot very quickly. Upon checkout we were again thanked for choosing their hotel. Our overall experience with this Comfort Inn location was everything we hoped for and then some. The staff was always pleasant and very helpful. I would highly recommend it for your visit to the DC area. The hotel is about a 30 minute Metro ride to the main Metro hub.

Room Tip: Upper floors very quite, elevators are quick.
Green Features: Glad to see a recycle bin in the room and option to use towels more than once to conserve water.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy W
Millville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in town for business and the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to help my husband and I with every detail we needed...which metro to use, local restaurants, directions, etc. The free shuttle to the Metro made the stay even that much easier and convenient. Highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelley D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
#8 of 16 in Rockville
4.0 of 5 stars 228 reviews
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Washington DC Convention Center
Cambria hotel & suites Washingto...
#28 of 141 in Washington DC
4.5 of 5 stars 519 reviews
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
#11 of 14 in Tysons Corner
3.0 of 5 stars 258 reviews
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Conven...
#57 of 141 in Washington DC
4.0 of 5 stars 928 reviews
Comfort Inn Pentagon City
Comfort Inn Pentagon City
#41 of 50 in Arlington
3.5 of 5 stars 254 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!