“Grade A hotel”

Comfort Inn Shady Grove
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions. During my latest visit to the States, I stayed here almost three weeks. For three weeks I tried to find an employee who didn't smile when spoken to, who wasn't helpful courteous and professional. I failed miserably. From the owner to the last of the employees, exemplary service. The reception people are fast, courteous and professional. Richard and Yolanda a particular winning combination. Housekeeping, kitchen staff, maintenance personnel. What can I say a real pleasure, not so easy to find in this day and age, but the Comfort Inn in Gaithersburg Md. have it down to a science. I truly hope I haven't forgotten any one, if so my apologies.

Room Tip: My only suggestion is to try and have a room without connecting doors, unless you need one for famil...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joel K
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Shady Grove

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We needed to visit an embassy in DC and wanted to find an affordable location on the Metro line without having to drive into DC. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was able to check in quickly. I asked about the distance to the Metro and was told hit was only a couple of lights down, however, they had a complementary shuttle and would be happy to transport us whenever we needed to go. I was presented with a business card with contact info for the shuttle. The room was very comfortable and clean. Loved the four pillows on each bed with options of soft or firm (two of each) on each bed. The beds were clean and very comfortable. Wonderful fluffy white comfort on the bed. We were on the fifth floor so it was quite and conducive to a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was one of the nicest I have seen. They had just about anything you would need or want. Staff was continually cleaning and replenishing during our visits and removing the trash. We asked about a shuttle the next morning and were quickly picked up and transported. I called when we arrived back at the station that evening (which was rush hour) and we were picked up at the same spot very quickly. Upon checkout we were again thanked for choosing their hotel. Our overall experience with this Comfort Inn location was everything we hoped for and then some. The staff was always pleasant and very helpful. I would highly recommend it for your visit to the DC area. The hotel is about a 30 minute Metro ride to the main Metro hub.

Room Tip: Upper floors very quite, elevators are quick.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in town for business and the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to help my husband and I with every detail we needed...which metro to use, local restaurants, directions, etc. The free shuttle to the Metro made the stay even that much easier and convenient. Highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelley D
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was in town for a horse show that took place over a few days. The hours were long so we checked in very late. The desk staff was very up-beat and nice and stayed that way the entire week. They were professional, kind and helpful. The room was clean, the hotel in general was clean and homey. I would recommend this as a good stay if you are out of town. The location was near many amenities, too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here a year ago at the same time of year so this was my second stay. Despite the title of my review, I probably would stay here again. First, the positives: I like that the location is within walking distance of Shady Grove subway station, which I believe is the farthest subway stop out this direction on the Washington Metro system. I also like that this location does a "welcome" once a week for new guests and the free breakfast is better than average. On the negatives, both were related to cleaning on this trip for me. First, I stayed on the sixth floor on this trip and at 8:05 AM, what sounded like a chainsaw-volume vacuum was cleaning right outside my room door. As I was here for vacation and not business, I thought that cleaning right outside the doors of rooms could be done after getting to those rooms where the guests have already checked out as it did wake me up. Also, the cleaning left a bit more to be desired than my previous trip here. For example, I dropped a quarter on the ground in my room and when I went to search for it, lifted up the edge of the blanket under the bed (it's a solid frame bed so nothing can technically be "under" the bed) and when I did, I found what seemed to be a Dorito's corn chip or snack that was left there... I don't eat these but I've seen them. Also, twice on the trip I found hair in the bathroom that was definitely not mine. Finally, I had a problem with the TV changer that was a bit irritating and I did approach the front desk about it as I thought it was a weak battery. The front desk changed the battery but even once it was changed, my channel up and down button would still not work nor did the power on/off button work (seemed to be a somewhat faulty remote because volume + manual channel change worked) so I had to do those manually on the set. As I say, none of these things were major problems but they were all part of my experience as I try to review honestly how this trip went.

Room Tip: The coffee and breakfast was worth getting up for - simple circular like scrambled egg "circles...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a family event. Our room was spotless and comfortable, and the front desk person, Yulia, was really helpful and friendly. She gave us a discount card for the Indian restaurant next door (where we had an outstanding dinner). Breakfast is pretty standard. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the Metro.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Shady Grove for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. We didn't check-in that first night until 8:30 p.m. but you would think it was the middle of the day. The desk clerk was very cheerful and it took no time at all and we were checked in. The lobby area was just as it's pictured on the website and so was our room. Clean and welcoming. The entire staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I had a difficult time figuring out the coffee maker in the room so I called the front desk asking for what I thought was a missing coffee pot. The desk clerk came to the room and explained to me that it was a single cup coffee maker. DUH!! He didn't have to do that. Our trip was very nice and enjoyable due, in large part, to the experience we had at the Comfort Inn. We recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you have any concerns call before making your plans. I'm certain the desk clerk will be of v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
#10 of 14 in Rockville

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!