“Excellent Accomodations!”

Comfort Inn Shady Grove
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed four nights the first week in June and were extremely satisfied with the staff, room, breakfast and shuttle service. The only minor complaint is that on the way home I looked at our receipt and there was a small charge for a safe that we did not use.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly M

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We used this hotel as a weekday base for our DC visit due to its proximity to the Shady Grove metro, prior good trip advisor reviews, and the very good price (AAA rate). We had asked for a quiet room and had absolutely no noise issues. The front desk was pleasant, we had no problems with shuttle service to and from the metro, and had a clean room that was fine for our needs. The breakfast area is large and we had no problem getting a seat. We do not regret staying here. The affordable weekday rate and free parking make up for the travel time to DC. We also tried the nearby Indian restaurant (in walking distance ) and found it very good. Other nights we found it convenient to get off the metro at Dupont Circle and eat, and then get back on metro to Shady Grove station after dinner, when prime commuter hours had passed.

Room Tip: Ask hotel for a quiet room, it seems like they do try to accomodate this request
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaratogaSunrise
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Awesome location-close to metro- and accommadating staff to help you get where you want to go.
Best continental breakfast ever had.
Quiet

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 14BobK
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Wonderful staff - very friendly and professional. Very nice lobby area. It was great to have a free hot breakfast buffet in the mornings - that is something you hardly see anymore. The rooms were spacious and clean. With a shuttle to and from the metro - it was very convenient for us to get around. The quality and service you receive for the price you pay is amazing!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Normally I dread the hotels that are generic and end with the word Inn and only stay at those when required based on various circumstances. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at this Comfort Inn and I considered the stay a great value for the price we paid. However, after the third of four nights we left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door while at breakfast so the room was understandably not made up upon our return. We then stayed in the room until 2:00 and when we left we took off the Do Not Disturb sign. That evening around 6:00 when we returned the room was not made up. Front desk personnel explained that housekeeping leaves at 3:00 and if they went by our room in the morning and saw a Do Nort Disturb sign they wouldn't make up the room. This is lengthy enough so I will leave out additional details but the short story is that the personnel were not very pleasant while dealing with me on this and offered to drop off towels and sheets if we wanted them but nothing else. I understand a small hotel not having 24 hour housekeeping but this all could have been handled better. It left a bad feeling after an otherwise good stay

I would have discussed with management and made a suggestion directly but I was told the manager does not work on weekends and no one else fills that position in his absence. My suggestion relates to the daily cleaning process. I suggest when the housekeeping sees a Do Not Disturb sign and will not be returning again to check on the room, and if it is before 1:00 or 2:00, leave a form note on the door that indicates the room was not cleaned due to the sign on the door but if cleanings is desired please call the front desk to request the cleaning no later than 1:00 or 2:00, or whatever time makes sense from the hotel's perspective.

I would appreciate a response from management on this.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LA-Elvis
CISG, Owner at Comfort Inn Shady Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Guest:

Our staff continuously strives to give our guests the best possible service and accommodations. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the miscommunication with the Do Not Disturb sign. I am perplexed about our staff saying there was no Manager available on the weekends; this is the first time I have heard this. Our Facility Manager, who has been with us for 26 years, serves as our Manager on Duty every weekend. This must have been a misunderstanding on behalf of our staff regarding the situation.

Either way I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and have addressed them with our staff. Please call me at 301-330-0023, so I may speak with you directly and try to remedy the situation to your satisfaction. Thank you again for staying with us and your kind words about our property, “great value for the price”. I look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

At your service,

Vira Safai, CHA
Managing Partner

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family and I were looking for a place to stay for one night on the way to the beach. I was attracted to this Comfort Inn by the number of awards it had won, its proximity to serveral major highways, the free parking and the hot breakfast buffet, which would save time and money on breakfast. The hotel is beautiful with a glass & water display behind the front desk, inlaid tile floors in the common areas and a park-like area for walking pets behind the hotel. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The aforementioned breakfast buffet was outstanding with waffle makers, eggs, sausage or bacon, donuts, bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee, tea, juices, etc.

The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated as well, although the room was somewhat smaller than expected (a desk between the beds served as the nightstand as well) and the beds (which were way too soft for my personal taste) were double beds rather than queen-sized beds. Other than that, we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PghZorro
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited many countries and stayed in many different hotels, most of which were 5 star ones like Hilton and Marriott. Comfort Inn was not my choice; I was on a business trip. For the price they charge their service is just superb. Breakfast is included and really good; rooms are clean; staff is very polite and always ready to help. Receptionist who met me first when I arrived changed me room in a second. The only downside I would mention is their pool, small and unheated. Otherwise, again, for the money it is excellent place to stay.
Sergei.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Sergei B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
#11 of 14 in Rockville
Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!