“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I was fearful about going to Bonefish because I thought the food might be heavily processed. (Not sure why I thought that since I had never been to Bonefish before.) I was happilly surprised. My food was delicious, healthy, and fresh! I ordered grilled shrimp and scallops with Mango sauce and would recommend that dish.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food Was Great, Service So So”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food was great as always. But the service was unusually slow. Our server tried his best to stay upbeat. But everything took much too long.

Visited December 2013
wash dc
“Well deserved rating”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Restaurant location is a little beyond our normal range. We were delayed by traffic but hostess was most accomodating even though we were 20 minutes late for our reservation. On a Thursday night the place was packed both the bar as well as the restaurant. Our waiter was excellent and most helpful. I was tempted to order a filet mignon (in seafood restaurant?) but opted for a talapia special which was excellent. The meal was topped off with a delicious chocolate creme brulee. If there is a downside, it is the noise level. It was necessary to raise voice level to be heard. Overall, excellent and well worth the trip beyond our normal range.

• Visited December 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Place for Seafood in Maryland”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Drove through the sleet to enjoy a birthday meal at Bonefish Grill in Gaithersburg - located in the Kentlands area near I-270. This was my first foray into this franchise of restaurants.

This place is tucked away on a corner away from the main section of "downtown Kentlands".

The place was packed on a Saturday night, as to be expected, but our 15 minute wait was more like 7 as I'd barely gotten halfway through my beer at the bar.

Seat is rather close, but not cramped. Lighting is low, but not so low that you can see the delicious fare.

Complimentary bread and olive oil is served with your water.... but I'd take it easy on the bread as you want to hold room for the meals.

My wife order the Seafood imperial dip which she very much enjoyed and had the look of Maryland crab dip with a few extra seafood touches. I enjoyed the jump shrimp - Thai coconut flavor which were enjoyable and a bit spicy. Paired nicely with my "Masi" pinot grigio.

For our main course - my wife ordered the Chilean Sea Bass (aka - Patagonian Toothfish). This is one of the few places to still have it on the menu - and despite environmental protests, it is a sustainable fishery with rogue states being the culprit for it being put on "the list". Her sides were string squash and spinach.

I ordered the Grouper. We both had the Mango sauce on the side which was excellent.
I really wanted to ordered the Sea Bass, but we usually agree to order separate dishes to try each others. The sea bass was delicious, though I would have cooked it for 1-2 more minutes to firm up the texture of the fish. My sides were potatoes au gratin and string squash.

The string squash was very unique, but quite enjoyable and complemented the meal nicely.

My wine for the entree was the J. Lohr Chardonnay. My main complaint on the wine is that it's marked up significantly. Sometimes 200% from what a bottle would cost. My wife abstained from drinking for the evening.

Parking: Free Lot
Service: Perfect. Johnny was helpful and attentive
Food: Delicious
Bar-scene: Ambient
Bathrooms: Clean
Menu: Ample choices

Recommendations: Better draft beer selections. Serve some local / regional wines.

Would recommend: Definitely
Would patronize again: For seafood - yes!

• Visited December 2013
North Bethesda, Maryland, USA
“Good of this kind”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bonefish is a top notch watering hole with excellent bar food and fast, attentive service. Really good for after work with friends and work colleagues.

Visited November 2013