“Beer and Good Food! What else do you need?!”

Dogfish Head Alehouse
Ranked #2 of 335 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beer and Good Food! What else do you need?!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is awesome and always crowded. I love me some Dogfish Head Alehouse. The service is great and the food is better!

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Wheaton, Maryland
“Too crowded”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Dog fish has decent food, great beer and good service. Unfortunately on a recent chilly Sat eve before 6 PM, they were mobbed and the wait was almost one hour. They do not take reservations and this does not work for older folks and families with small children. Time for a change of policy or I will not be returning.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank waterlogged65
Gaithersburg, MD
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I live nearby this restaurant, but this was my first visit. Dropped in for lunch with friends, and was pleasantly surprised. The service was great (thank you "Adam"), and the food excellent. I had a simple angus beef burger with gruyere cheese and portabello mushrooms on a toasted bun. Sounds simple? It was outstanding - has to rank among the best I have ever had! The burger was not mass produced - really looked hand made. The cheese and mushroom were perfect, and even the bun was better than average!. This was only one menu item, but I was impressed enough that I will return and try something else - although the burger is sooooo tempting! Enjoy, and always travel safe.

• Visited November 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great beer AND food, a true beer lover's experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

While visiting friends recently in the Gaithersburg area, they suggested we head over to Dogfish Head Alehouse. Always up for a new experience, I agreed. Man am I glad I did! It was Friday night around 7:30 so the place was packed. However, we were still able to make our way to the bar to grab a couple beers. While there was about an hour wait for a table, the bar environment was lively and entertaining and made it seem shorter. While Dogfish Head is known for IPA's, the Alehouse has a few of those and so much more. I tried the Indian Brown Ale and their seasonal Pumpkin Ale, both were full bodied and delicious. They had at least 10-12 other beers on draft and all of them sounded interesting. In addition, the service was friendly and helpful, and the food was really good! We tried the Old Bay and Thai wings(2 separate wings), both were delicious and perfectly cooked. For my entree I got the Steak Bomb sandwich, which was not only delicious but had real steak, not the thin sliced stuff you get in most steak sandwiches. The only downside to the experience is that some of the beers are fairly pricey in the $9-10 range, so the bill can get out of hand quickly. With that said, I really enjoyed my time at the Alehouse and will definitely be returning on my next trip to Gaithersburg.

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“If you only do one thing in Gaithersburg this should be it”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of beers. Although I'm not an IPA fan, there were plenty of other options to choose from. Burgers were awesome. Crab cakes were the best I've ever tasted. Not sure if it was just because of all the beer I'd been drinking though. Service was great & multiple screens to watch sports. If I was to criticise one thing it would be the toilets - they were a bit iffy.

• Visited October 2013